Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Likkie

Oh Crap!  What are we gonna bitch about how????

I feel so empty ;)

IanL-S

Quote from: gas667 on September 22, 2015, 05:06:30 PM
Interesting.

According to the Australia Post MyPost site the sender is Altech UEC P/L although the email from Australia Post has Icetv as the sender.

Makes sense as some time back they said they had contracted out the delivery. With hindsight not surprised that it is Altech (the reputed OEM).

No information given on the sender for my item - merely says 'shipping information received' (edit 17:37)

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

stretch4x4

Quote from: gas667 on September 22, 2015, 04:17:54 PM
Quote from: stretch4x4 on September 22, 2015, 04:16:17 PM
Got my email from aus post  8)

Shame it says the number is invalid..... :(

They don't normally show until they're picked up. The jobs are registered electronically. Anytime after 6pm.
Ahh is that how it goes.. Yeah it is initiated now.
I did think afterwards that it was probably related to not having been picked up but it's a little silly that the email is sent before you can actually follow the link in the email.. All good and now we wait  8)

zoszos68

Quote from: Likkie on September 22, 2015, 05:22:55 PM
Oh Crap!  What are we gonna bitch about how????

I feel so empty ;)

I know your on holidays with the kids and wont be back till Sunday week!!!!!! :)
Who might have that problem. :)
Not me anyway.

Kevin

Vortical

Congrats to all those in the first batch, look forward to reading your opinions.

Unfortunately I'm definitely in the second batch and have to wait another 1.5 to 2 weeks  :(

Carljh

Me too, thanks to gas 667 giving me the heads up on his invoice number being higher than mine or otherwise I would have been waiting another 1 - 2 weeks.  Was worried that they might have put your order back because you brought to light the fact they weren't shipping first come, first served as they said, but glad to see you have got your tracking number.  Not so important now but would like to know there explanation now the rush is over as I still haven't heard from them.  Despite everything, think they have done a great job over the last couple of days to get all those Skippas on their way, I am guessing there were 500 in that first shipment. 

warkus

Those in Sydney metro may well be lucky yet for delivery tomorrow.

If you actually click on the tracking link in the email, you should probably see what I'm seeing, they have actually scanned in now at an Australia Post facility in Chullora, NSW, so have officially been collected clearly and are on their merry way, it's no longer just an electronic lodgement, they are moving!

:)

Mark

zoszos68

Quote from: warkus on September 22, 2015, 10:18:52 PM
Those in Sydney metro may well be lucky yet for delivery tomorrow.

If you actually click on the tracking link in the email, you should probably see what I'm seeing, they have actually scanned in now at an Australia Post facility in Chullora, NSW, so have officially been collected clearly and are on their merry way, it's no longer just an electronic lodgement, they are moving!

:)

Mark

Telstra and Foxtel have a logistics centre in Chullora (might be the same place).
Both used Startrack for my deliveries from them

Seems I will have had a few deliveries go through Chullora this year.
I just hope the Skippa is better than the T-Box and the IQ3.

Kevin

Kevin

Vortical

Quote from: zoszos68 on September 22, 2015, 11:43:31 PM

I think we're all expecting a lot from this IceTV skippa box.  :)

gas667

Expected delivery to Hobart is Tuesday the 29th. 7 days from Sydney. I get parcels from England faster than that.  ???

warkus

Quote from: zoszos68 on September 22, 2015, 11:43:31 PM

Telstra and Foxtel have a logistics centre in Chullora (might be the same place).
Both used Startrack for my deliveries from them

Seems I will have had a few deliveries go through Chullora this year.

Kevin

Kevin

The Chullora distribution centre is definitely one of Australia posts massive DCs in NSW, virtually all my parcels that I send east to Sydney end up there before delivery...

Also StarTrack was acquired by Australia post back in 2012...

Mark

IanL-S

Quote from: gas667 on September 23, 2015, 07:41:18 AM
Expected delivery to Hobart is Tuesday the 29th. 7 days from Sydney. I get parcels from England faster than that.  ???

That is appalling; it is two business days longer than it takes to Melbourne; it should only take 24 hours to get from Melbourne to Hobart (assuming there is a ship running to the deep north). It seems they like to have items sit around for 24 hours between each stage - in my case there is one, in yours there is two (Melbourne and somewhere in the deep north).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

gas667

Quote from: IanL-S on September 23, 2015, 09:10:31 AM
Quote from: gas667 on September 23, 2015, 07:41:18 AM

That is appalling; it is two business days longer than it takes to Melbourne; it should only take 24 hours to get from Melbourne to Hobart (assuming there is a ship running to the deep north). It seems they like to have items sit around for 24 hours between each stage - in my case there is one, in yours there is two (Melbourne and somewhere in the deep north).

Ian

Not sure how they float things to Tassie but there is a Spirit leaving Melbourne each day. Australia Post. What can you do?  ???
It's on it's way and it may turn up sooner. 1 week to go. Anyway it's a better situation than we were in yesterday morning when we were hoping it would ship. :D

bodogbodog

Quote from: bodogbodog on September 22, 2015, 04:25:37 PM
Ditto here - I still take it as a major step forward :-)
I'm in Sydney metro so maybe delivery tomorrow
Well a disappointing day - no Skippa for me and my shipping tracking has only changed to:

Wed 23 Sep 2015 20:35
Processed through Australia Post facility
CHULLORA NSW
Wed 23 Sep 2015 13:52
Shipping information approved by Australia Post
Tue 22 Sep 2015 16:04
Shipping information received by Australia Post

So it looks like mine missed the pickup yesterday
Oh well I'll let some of you sort out the setup and teething issues

Update 24/9/2015: Received a shipment update from Aust Post saying it will be delivered today - so fingers crossed...
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

FMB

Mine has arrived in Brisbane. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.