Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdQld

Monday is drawing to a close and No delivery email  :(

If the flying kangaroo did drop off the Skippas in Sydney on Friday, they obviously have not made it to their Warehouse (read Garage in the Suburbs) yet, and so Mum has not had the chance to take some to the local Post Office on her bicycle  :'(

IanL-S

Quote from: Vortical on September 21, 2015, 03:37:59 PM
This is the latest I've received from icetv yesterday.

The first big shipment of Skippas finally left the factory last Monday and arrived at Sydney airport on Friday. The rest of the Skippas are only 1 week behind this batch and should arrive by next Friday. All back ordered Skippas will be posted to customers before the end of this month..

Your Skippa order is in the 2nd big shipment so it will be another 1.5 to 2 weeks before you receive your Skippa. You will receive an email with an Australia Post tracking number when your order is dispatched.

Cheers,
Leon

Hm, 'end of the month' is Wednesday of next week - so they think they will get them all out of the warehouse by then.

Going on the progress of the first shipment* (as far as we can work out none not have been processed yet) they will have at best 48 hours to complete the processing the remaining orders (ie had the over to Australia Post for delivery).

Ian

* On the latest information I have my order will be one of the earlier ones sent, and I have heard nothing yet.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

IanL-S

A usually reliable source  :-X reports that the first shipment has arrived at the IceTV warehouse. First pick-up by Australia Post (or whoever is doing the delivery) should be tomorrow.

Not sure when the emails with the tracking numbers will start hitting in-boxes.

If I hear anything more, I will make a further post ....

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

zoszos68

Quote from: IanL-S on September 21, 2015, 05:56:35 PM
A usually reliable source  :-X reports that the first shipment has arrived at the IceTV warehouse. First pick-up by Australia Post (or whoever is doing the delivery) should be tomorrow.

Not sure when the emails with the tracking numbers will start hitting in-boxes.

If I hear anything more, I will make a further post ....

Ian
That is good news.
Will check later how long a delivery to the Mornington Peninsula should take, although it is usually the same as South East Of Melbourne.

Kevin

gas667

Quote from: prl on September 21, 2015, 03:47:15 PM
Quote from: gas667 on September 20, 2015, 06:40:13 PM... It's not like we have their [Choice's] phone number. ...

1800 069 552

It's not exactly a secret.

Whether they'd answer the questions being asked about the review or not, I have no idea, but they may well.

Not Choice's phone number. The phone number of the people who had a Skippa but didn't want to be annoyed with lots of questions.

to Quote Ian on the 20th
"I suppose it is possible that IceTV asked them not to post comments on the Forum .... but not sure why they would do so.
It could be the few who got them are not posting to avoid having to answer a barrage of questions"

CuriousGeorge

Dave/IceTV

Have the units arrived in Australia and will you be shipping this week?

gas667

Quote from: CuriousGeorge on September 22, 2015, 10:08:05 AM
Dave/IceTV

According to an email from Dave yesterday the 1st large shipment arrived in the warehouse about 1pm yesterday and should ship today. Fingers crossed.

IanL-S

Quote from: gas667 on September 22, 2015, 10:12:01 AM
Dave/IceTV

According to an email from Dave yesterday the 1st large shipment arrived in the warehouse about 1pm yesterday and should ship today. Fingers crossed.

I was discussing another matter with Dave yesterday and he volunteered the same information (I did not ask about it).

Ian
Synology NAS

FMB

Dave/IceTV

More importantly, Dave, what's the highest invoice number being shipped from this batch?

bodogbodog

Quote from: FMB on September 22, 2015, 10:44:02 AM
More importantly, Dave, what's the highest invoice number being shipped from this batch?

That would be great to know
My current status under My Orders is: Shipped: pending
No change...since 2015-05-29
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

IanL-S

Quote from: bodogbodog on September 22, 2015, 02:41:26 PM
Quote from: FMB on September 22, 2015, 10:44:02 AM

That would be great to know
My current status under My Orders is: Shipped: pending
No change...since 2015-05-29

I am getting the same except the date is 25-05-2015.

The impression I get (from the information provided to me) is that the intention is to send out all tracking information for shipment 1 today. However, it may take longer to get the full shipment 1 ready to go to purchasers than anticipated. Similarly, that it is hoped that most, if not all, would be handed over to Aust Post today for delivery. The handover is usually as close to close of business as possible and early enough to 'catch' trucks departing for major interstate Aust Post facilities, to then be forwarded to the purchaser.

As soon as I know more, I will post on the Forum as my order is in the first 50 to be processed.

Ian
Synology NAS

monksy

I'm in the second lot but this is the email I got this morning:
Hi Rowan,

It has been a very long wait. Thankfully the first big batch of finally Skippas arrived at the warehouse yesterday. Yours is with the rest of the Skippas arriving this Friday so it will be posted early next week.

Best Regards,

Dave
IceTV Support Team

IceTV Pty Limited
Level 1/20 Chandos Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065

1300 654 803 or 02 8424 7555
12pm - 8pm Mon-Fri
12pm - 6pm Weekends/Public Holidays

gas667

Just got an Australia Post tracking number from Australia Post for Icetv. :)

FMB

Quote from: gas667 on September 22, 2015, 04:06:29 PM

So did I. To the wrong f***ing address!

gas667

Quote from: FMB on September 22, 2015, 04:08:25 PM
Quote from: gas667 on September 22, 2015, 04:06:29 PM

So did I. To the wrong f***ing address!

Damn after all this then that. Can you move to the right address ;)

The tracking number is showing invalid but that's pretty normal until later this evening. The order page on Icetv is still showing "pending" but it seems that things are finally moving.