Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gas667

Quote from: IanL-S on September 20, 2015, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: gas667 on September 20, 2015, 01:40:32 PM<<<SNIP>>>

It's possible Choice contacted Icetv after getting their hands on a Skippa but I'm mystified that there is no mention of a Skippa in someone's hands yet.

I suppose it is possible that IceTV asked them not to post comments on the Forum .... but not sure why they would do so.

It could be the few who got them are not posting to avoid having to answer a barrage of questions.

Ian

It's not like we have their phone number. If they are sick of questions they don't post and i can't think of any reason why they wouldn't want a bit more hype from customers with Skippas nor why some customers would obey and not post anyway. I can't think why Icetv would ask either.

I think it's back to my last statement. Lets hope we are talking about the actual device this time next week.

EdQld

They were supposed to have landed in Sydney on Friday, anyone have a delivery email yet?

If the calculation someone posted earlier is correct, my order should be around no 14 (nice and early) but I didn't get one of the very early released Units and have yet to get the much anticipated Email  :(

IanL-S

Quote from: EdQld on September 21, 2015, 10:52:33 AM
They were supposed to have landed in Sydney on Friday, anyone have a delivery email yet?

If the calculation someone posted earlier is correct, my order should be around no 14 (nice and early) but I didn't get one of the very early released Units and have yet to get the much anticipated Email  :(

I have been told that they have definitely landed in Sydney, but they did not make it to the (IceTV) warehouse by close of business on Friday.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

gas667

Quote from: EdQld on September 21, 2015, 10:52:33 AM

There were a few invoices and queue numbers that seem to support this earlier but there has been a few lately that don't. Not sure what to think.

FMB

Well folks, it's Monday, September 21 and still no sign of our Skippa's. Time for another (fake) reality check update from IceTV.

The Skippa's arrived in the country, albeit later than expected (by several months), but we have encountered a new problem. The shipment was incorrectly labelled as 'Clocks'. When Border Force failed to see a big hand and a little hand on the X-Ray, they immediately went into lockdown. The entire shipment has been taken out to a facility where it will be destroyed in a controlled explosion.

IceTV has lodged an urgent claim for compensation from Border Force and as soon as we receive payment, we will arrange for a new batch of Skippa's to be manufactured by our OEM. This will result in yet another delay, possibly six months or more. We apologise for the delay, but we're sure you'll find your new Skippa to be an amazing product and well worth the wait.

michaelwho

SkippaBeat

Or...... We are sorry about the continued delay, but we are excited to tell you that you will be automatically updated to a Skippa2, as soon as we can get a production slot with our manufacturer.

monksy

Quote from: michaelwho on September 21, 2015, 11:57:34 AM
I've had enough. :'(

You're not the only one - I'm currently looking at WA Dep of Commerce - Complaint form. I have just emailed in my letter of complaint, it gives IceTV till the end of the week to tell the truth. I think I will be submitting the complaint next Monday.

FMB

Quote from: SkippaBeat on September 21, 2015, 12:06:42 PM
Or...... We are sorry about the continued delay, but we are excited to tell you that you will be automatically updated to a Skippa2, as soon as we can get a production slot with our manufacturer.

Close, but I think the wording would be more like:

The replacement batch of Skippa's will be manufactured straight after the first batch of Skippa 2's. Pre-orders for the Skippa 2 will commence shortly. We're excited to offer existing Skippa owners (we have your money, so technically you own a Skippa), a special one off pre-order discounted price of $300 for a Skippa 2. That price includes a one year IceTV subscription (even though you've already paid for a lifetime subscription) and a free 90 day trial license of the Ad Skip functionality. Give us your money immediately to lock in this amazing offer.

Carljh

QuoteFollowing a small initial run, the factory pushed our mass manufacturing slot back for a second time. Australia's order volumes are relatively small when compared to international markets. This makes it difficult for any Australian vendor to obtain priority, hence the delay. However, we are assured by the factory that our new production date will be adhered to.
A small quantity of SKIPPAs® will be shipped next week to customers who placed their order first. From September 10 onwards, we will fulfill the remaining orders on a 'first come, first served' basis. This means that every customer will receive their ordered SKIPPA® in September.

Just when I thought that they had told all the lies they could, I have now discovered their biggest!  I emailed Ice TV last week to get an update on when I would see my order and was told it was in the second shipment arriving a week after the first.  I posted this information on the forum with the date ordered (26th May) and i/v number so other members could perhaps work out what shipment their's was in.  gas667 replied to my post as he had a higher invoice number than mine but was told his was in the first shipment.  As this seemed strange, I emailed Ice TV again and asked if they were supplying on a first come, first served basis and whether the invoices were in a consecutive sequence.  This is the reply I got from Leon yesterday:

'Thank you for contacting IceTV Customer Service.
Yes we are shipping in a first come first served order. We have gotten delivery updates throughout the process, and have then passed those updates on to you.
We are sincerely doing our best, but at times we haven't had all the shipping information available, and when being pressed for answers, we have replied with the most current information we have at the time.
All orders will receive a tracking number once dispatched.'

As he hadn't answered the bit about the invoice numbers, I emailed him again for clarification and in the mean time I contacted gas667 to find out when he ordered his.  He replied that he ordered his the day after me, the 27th.  With this information, I sent another email to Leon with a please explain.  As this is a major issue in my opinion, I have been holding off posting on the forum to give them time to give me an explanation but as they have not have not bothered to reply yet, think this needs to be brought to everyone's attention.  I believe the situation is now bordering on taking it to the ACCC.  I, like most people on here have not got an issue with the hold up with the manufacturing, it is the lack of communication and lies we are being told.

FMB

I think this whole thing has been an epic fail and a complete PR disaster for IceTV. As I see it, they went into this without a clue as to what they were doing. They've been stumbling through the whole process and have tried to cover their tracks with vague and spasmodic responses. It's not so much a campaign of deliberate lies as it is an inherent inability to function effectively.

What they should have done, apart from employing people with proper marketing and customer service skills, is to give very specific updates right throughout the process. People understand and respect honesty. They should have said that the initial shipment was only 12 units or 15 units or whatever. They should have said that the first part of the order was 700 units or 800 units or whatever it was and that that would cover invoices up to # xxxxxxx.

Specific information like that keeps everyone in the loop. They may argue that this would provide too much information to their competitors, but they are the ones who started the direct conversation with their customers, so they should maintain it and do so with honesty and integrity.

At this point, I can honestly say that not only will I never buy another IceTV product, I will actively discourage everyone I know not to buy one. Not because of the quality of their products ( I can't judge that yet), but simply because I have no faith in their ability as a company. As for going to the ACCC, I think you'd be better off contacting the ABC and getting it on Gruen.

IanL-S

Just got this weeks "IceTV - What's On This Week" and there is no mention of Skippa anywhere.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Coopsp

I ask the question. " is anyone in Ice TV actually going to give us a real response to whats going on and when we may see the units we faithfully paid for months ago?" Come on someone stand up and tell us the truth and what is really going on, and if you guys don't know thats cool just for gods sake tell us what the hells going on!!!

Vortical

This is the latest I've received from icetv yesterday.

The first big shipment of Skippas finally left the factory last Monday and arrived at Sydney airport on Friday. The rest of the Skippas are only 1 week behind this batch and should arrive by next Friday. All back ordered Skippas will be posted to customers before the end of this month..

Your Skippa order is in the 2nd big shipment so it will be another 1.5 to 2 weeks before you receive your Skippa. You will receive an email with an Australia Post tracking number when your order is dispatched.

Cheers,
Leon

prl

Quote from: gas667 on September 20, 2015, 06:40:13 PM... It's not like we have their [Choice's] phone number. ...

1800 069 552

It's not exactly a secret.

Whether they'd answer the questions being asked about the review or not, I have no idea, but they may well.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing