Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Quote from: IanL-S on September 15, 2015, 06:50:28 AM
I do not believe that Leon, Dave and the others who are customers primary contacts have been deliberately misleading us. They can only pass on what they have been told. At this stage we have no information on why they were not given a timely update on what was happening. Hopefully there will be a proper explanation provided in an mass email today.

The only thing that I can say is that it reflects very poorly on IceTV as a company.

Ian

I agree wholeheartedly.  I certainly didn't mean to shoot the messenger,  but I can only ask for clarification from the messengers as we certainly don't have the CEO's email address  :P
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

SkippaBeat

I agree wholeheartedly.  I certainly didn't mean to shoot the messenger,  but I can only ask for clarification from the messengers as we certainly don't have the CEO's email address  :P
[/quote]

You could always PM him!

I do admit that it is now becoming a bit of a farce.  Not knowing shipping details e.g.

We were promised Mon or Tues and with my Invoice Number 200814, still nothing.

Coopsp

But thats the Problem Skippabeat the lack of communication from them. My invoice number is way bigger than yours and i am thinking that the technology will be out of date by time i get it.

The need to keep us up to date and tell us whats going on they said Monday and still no contact, my gut says they don't have them yet.

IanL-S

Well they definitely did not have them last night at8.46pm when Leon made a post including the following statement:

"Our first mass manufactured SKIPPA shipment is still on its way via air freight. This involves a change of aircraft in Hong Kong. We still expect the entire shipment to be dispatched with tracking numbers to customers from our Sydney warehouse this week. Some customers will receive their SKIPPA this week depending on their geographic distance from Sydney." (emphasis added)

This suggests that the fist shipment has in fact left the OEM plant and it was at that time in transit. Wisely, no ETA in Sydney was given. They probably have not yet arrived in Sydney. It is unclear how may units are in this shipment (prior statement suggest that this will be enough for the first 1000 pre-orders). For customers to get units this week (those close to Sydney), they would have to be in the hands of the courier before close of business on Thursday.

Not sure where all this gets us ....

Ian

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

csutak40

Quote from: SkippaBeat on September 15, 2015, 04:01:14 PM

You could always PM him!

::)  I actually tried that!  Got this: 

User 'Heinz' has blocked your personal message. :-X

Seems he doesn't want to hear from us plebs  :'(
Cheers,
Judy

SkippaBeat

I PM'd him too and had no acknowledgement  :(

csutak40

Quote from: SkippaBeat on September 16, 2015, 08:05:17 PM
I PM'd him too and had no acknowledgement  :(

You mean yours actually went?  I couldn't even send mine!
Cheers,
Judy

SkippaBeat

I didn't get any error, but I can't see a copy anywhere either.

Doesn't seem to be any replies on FB & Twitter either.

Poor show Heinz!

Coopsp

I see no one from Ice TV have posted on this forum......anybody know why that would be?????

pbwhi0

I think this is one of those, 'the cheque is in the mail' moments. And before anyone flames me I placed an order on the 29th May so am waiting anxiously like everyone else.

IanL-S

Quote from: pbwhi0 on September 16, 2015, 10:11:53 PM
I think this is one of those, 'the cheque is in the mail' moments. .......

Yes it does have that feel to it. That can mean that someone is merely holding off paying for a while, or could be an excuse to cover-up an intention never to pay. Here I am sure there is an intention to supply the Skippa. They just have problems with working out when the cheque is being posted, or if it has in fact been posted.

Ian

Growl. I was trying to may a light, possibly humorous comment but failed dismally. Someone must have removed my funny-bone when I was not paying attention.  :-[ :'(
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Vortical on September 14, 2015, 08:46:14 PM
I can't believe Heinz is spruiking skippa2 when really next to none of the original skippa's have even landed in the country let alone shipped to real customers.

As a long time IceTV user I find that to be a real slap in the face to anyone who pre-ordered a skippa.  >:(

Heinz was not spruiking anything other than Skippa.

The USA host of the podcast asked was Skippa available in other markets and when told the Skippa was for Australia only the host asked would there be any future developments (in relation to exporting Skippa) to which the answer was that IceTV were looking at developing a box for export markets (call it Skippa 2 or whatever).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Coopsp on September 16, 2015, 08:35:20 PM
I see no one from Ice TV have posted on this forum......anybody know why that would be?????

That would be because nothing much has changed. The first big shipment of Skippas left the factory on Monday and is expected to arrive at the Sydney warehouse today, tomorrow, or Monday and be posted ASAP. All of the remainder of the Skippas are only 1 week behind this batch.

So even those who ordered last will have their Skippa soon (if they live in Timbuktu their Skippa will be in Australia Post's hands before the end of this month).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

gas667

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 17, 2015, 02:37:58 PM

That would be because nothing much has changed. The first big shipment of Skippas left the factory on Monday and is expected to arrive at the Sydney warehouse today, tomorrow, or Monday and be posted ASAP. All of the remainder of the Skippas are only 1 week behind this batch.

So even those who ordered last will have their Skippa soon (if they live in Timbuktu their Skippa will be in Australia Post's hands before the end of this month).

It's unfortunate that you think "Nothing much has changed" The email Friday stated that you would have them over the weekend and be posted from Monday this week. Now they may not be here until maybe next Monday and then be posted from Tuesday I assume. Then the 2nd lot about a week behind that or in other words October.

Earlier in the week people in Sydney would have some of them by tomorrow.

Personally I call that a change!

Vortical

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 17, 2015, 02:19:13 PM
Quote from: Vortical on September 14, 2015, 08:46:14 PM
I can't believe Heinz is spruiking skippa2 when really next to none of the original skippa's have even landed in the country let alone shipped to real customers.

As a long time IceTV user I find that to be a real slap in the face to anyone who pre-ordered a skippa.  >:(

Heinz was not spruiking anything other than Skippa.

The USA host of the podcast asked was Skippa available in other markets and when told the Skippa was for Australia only the host asked would there be any future developments (in relation to exporting Skippa) to which the answer was that IceTV were looking at developing a box for export markets (call it Skippa 2 or whatever).

Whether it's for other markets or our own it's still another product.

The more I listened to this interview the more I felt that we have been strung along this roller coaster ride with drip fed notices of delay after delay and none of us still know when we are actually going to get our skippas.

There are also many conflicting reports over the last week of them being in the country, then stuck in Hong Kong now they're still not here. All this after we were advised via email that everyone that pre ordered should have their skippas by the end of September, now it's Australia post should have it by the end of September. How do you think we all feel given what we have been told so many times before over the last few months.

This pre-order debacle has led me to not want to ever pre-order another icetv product ever again.

Quote from: Tyrus on August 28, 2015, 11:48:39 AM
Received today....

QuoteFollowing a small initial run, the factory pushed our mass manufacturing slot back for a second time. Australia's order volumes are relatively small when compared to international markets. This makes it difficult for any Australian vendor to obtain priority, hence the delay. However, we are assured by the factory that our new production date will be adhered to.
A small quantity of SKIPPAs® will be shipped next week to customers who placed their order first. From September 10 onwards, we will fulfill the remaining orders on a 'first come, first served' basis. This means that every customer will receive their ordered SKIPPA® in September.

Call me skeptical, but the spin here is so cliche and so disappointing.  IMO its really poor customer service to continually make us wait in excited anticipation - right up to the deadline, only to then admit further delays.

Quote from: zoszos68 on September 14, 2015, 03:47:09 PM
I sent a message to sales today to ask about the Skippa and have the arrived in Sydney and this in the reply.

"Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting IceTV Customer Service.

Yes they have arrived - and your order is being processed, so you should get a tracking number soon, as it will be sent within a few days.

Best Regards,

Leon
IceTV Support Team

IceTV Pty Limited
Level 1/20 Chandos Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065"

Hope that's makes a few happy.

Kevin

Quote from: EdQld on September 14, 2015, 04:53:22 PM
Yes they have arrived - and your order is being processed, so you should get a tracking number soon, as it will be sent within a few days.

Best Regards,

Leon
IceTV Support Team

Great News   ;D

Quote from: Leon K on September 14, 2015, 07:46:30 PM
Hey Guys,

Yes some SKIPPA's have been arriving over the past few weeks and dispatched, late this afternoon we got an update on our freight:

Our first mass manufactured SKIPPA shipment is still on its way via air freight. This involves a change of aircraft in Hong Kong. We still expect the entire shipment to be dispatched with tracking numbers to customers from our Sydney warehouse this week. Some customers will receive their SKIPPA this week depending on their geographic distance from Sydney.

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on September 17, 2015, 02:37:58 PM