Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdQld

Yes they have arrived - and your order is being processed, so you should get a tracking number soon, as it will be sent within a few days.

Best Regards,

Leon
IceTV Support Team

Great News   ;D

csutak40

Quote from: Leon K on September 14, 2015, 02:33:39 PM
Hey All,

Here is a link to a comprehensive Skippa update as at Sep 12, 2015..

SKIPPA - TechWebCast interview with Heinz Herrmann, IceTV CEO

http://techwebcast.podomatic.com/entry/2015-09-11T20_25_42-07_00

Cheers,
Leon

OK, I have been keeping quiet for a while.  Don't expect (if all goes according to the latest promise) to receive my Skippa till the end of the month.

I wasn't going to comment any further until I received it and got to play.  After all, most of the questions we now have (except for the delivery date, or maybe even that) might be answered once we have it.

However, as we were invited to listen to this podcast, for a "comprehensive Skippa update " I decided to listen. 

I just wasted an hour of my life, so decided that if we got invited to listen, I am justified in commenting  :P

I do have to say (while I'm here) that the PR department of IceTV hasn't improved!  Why can't they post something like; we received our shipment, working very hard to get it ready for the post on Monday.  Here is a photo of our crew, working hard...

I actually thought that this podcast was something along these lines  ::)

It really was a waste of time, silly me, I was hoping that Heinz will excitedly tell us about the shipment having arrived and that the staff are madly packing the boxes, for delivery on Monday.  I was even thinking that he will invite people to go on the website to see photos.  No such thing, of course, I should have known better.

So, what did he talk about?

I was scribbling notes as I listened, so here they are in no particular order of importance.

Basically listened to a lot of propaganda, and (sorry Heinz) fibs.

Didn't answer the question about the ad skip saving disk space.  We know why – it doesn't.  In fact, it wastes about 45 minutes for each recording, that can't be edited out.  (if we add the recommended padding)

Sorry Heinz, I don't watch ads on Catch up TV now, so it would help to get your facts straight before commenting.

According to Leon on June 19, 2015 the subscription was $39.   So, that, too, has gone up to $49.  Just how many times can a company put their prices up before delivery of even the first unit?

Two months delay??   Really?

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/skippa/44/new-icetv-branded-pvr/3886/msg20930#msg20930
Skippa will be in the IceTV store in mid to late June with an RRP of $499 including an IceTV subscription for the life of the skippa box (with no time limit).

Then we have:
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/skippa/44/new-icetv-branded-pvr/3886/225

Am I reading correctly that it will cost $399 for those who order early and $499 later?
Dave:
Correct.

So, It was NOT $200 off the RRP to begin with, but $100

To start with, we got promised 4 tuners, (even on the last podcast of Heinz' we got invited to listen to) that got reduced to 3, without any explanation - now Heinz says there will be a "Fortuna" future? version with an extra tuner (for an extra charge, no doubt). So, here is our explanation.   :o

Also sounds like they will put things in the interface on the "Skippa2" version that we had asked for from the get-go (the JustEPG-like EPG, for instance), instead of improving this one.

I have to say that if I am interpreting what I heard correctly - that is the "improvements" will be put on the "Skippa 2" instead of improving the firmware of this Skippa, I will be most unhappy.

In fact, I would love to get a straight answer to this question:

Will improvements be implemented on the firmware of the current Skippa, or will they be saved for the future "Skippa 2"?

It may be a prudent to cancel my order and wait for the Skippa 2, which sounds like will aim to be what the "IceCube" promised to be, before it became Skippa
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

Quote from: zoszos68 on September 14, 2015, 03:47:09 PM
I sent a message to sales today to ask about the Skippa and have the arrived in Sydney and this in the reply.

Kevin

Thank you, Kevin, but I still have to say it. 

Why does anyone need to get in  touch to get that information?  If we forget about PR (as they consistently have) wouldn't it save time to make a general announcement, save them having to answer individual emails and phone calls?
Cheers,
Judy

bodogbodog

Quote from: EdQld on September 14, 2015, 04:53:22 PM
Yes they have arrived - and your order is being processed, so you should get a tracking number soon, as it will be sent within a few days.
Best Regards,
Leon
IceTV Support Team
Great News   ;D
Did anyone else notice this one?
I am very confused as to who "EdQld" actually is - is this a profile used by Leon at IceTV or did this post somehow get mixed up with Leon's posting?

Very strange...
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

csutak40

I think "EdQld" is simply quoting a post from Leon, which has the same wording that "zoszos68" quoted
Cheers,
Judy

EdQld

Quote from: csutak40 on September 14, 2015, 07:14:47 PM
I think "EdQld" is simply quoting a post from Leon

Correct  ;)

Leon K

Hey Guys,

Yes some SKIPPA's have been arriving over the past few weeks and dispatched, late this afternoon we got an update on our freight:

Our first mass manufactured SKIPPA shipment is still on its way via air freight. This involves a change of aircraft in Hong Kong. We still expect the entire shipment to be dispatched with tracking numbers to customers from our Sydney warehouse this week. Some customers will receive their SKIPPA this week depending on their geographic distance from Sydney.

bodogbodog

Quote from: csutak40 on September 14, 2015, 07:14:47 PM
I think "EdQld" is simply quoting a post from Leon, which has the same wording that "zoszos68" quoted
Thanks - I gave up trying to follow this thread and make sense of everything a long time ago
Too hard to try and track historic posts - but it would be good if people used the "Quote" function if quoting other posts

Oh well - back to waiting for something to actually happen
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)

IanL-S

One word ... ineptitude .......
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Vortical

Quote from: IanL-S on September 14, 2015, 08:08:37 PM
One word ... ineptitude .......

I can't believe Heinz is spruiking skippa2 when really next to none of the original skippa's have even landed in the country let alone shipped to real customers.

As a long time IceTV user I find that to be a real slap in the face to anyone who pre-ordered a skippa.  >:(

bodogbodog

Quote from: Vortical on September 14, 2015, 08:46:14 PM
I can't believe Heinz is spruiking skippa2 when really next to none of the original skippa's have even landed in the country let alone shipped to real customers.
As a long time IceTV user I find that to be a real slap in the face to anyone who pre-ordered a skippa.  >:(
I agree - delivering on your current commitments would be a good thing
I cant believe anyone has received their Skippa and not posted on these or other forums about their experience with it

csutak40

Quote from: Leon K on September 14, 2015, 07:46:30 PM
Hey Guys,

Yes some SKIPPA's have been arriving over the past few weeks and dispatched, late this afternoon we got an update on our freight:

Our first mass manufactured SKIPPA shipment is still on its way via air freight. This involves a change of aircraft in Hong Kong. We still expect the entire shipment to be dispatched with tracking numbers to customers from our Sydney warehouse this week. Some customers will receive their SKIPPA this week depending on their geographic distance from Sydney.

Sorry, Leon I am getting very confused. 

We have been told (by Heinz, no less) on Friday the 11th, 4.45pm:

About half of the pre-ordered SKIPPA® volume arrives in Sydney by air freight over the weekend, with the remainder not far behind. We have increased staff in our Sydney warehouse to speed up customer shipments from Monday on a "first-ordered, first-shipped" basis.

We have been also told that a few (about40) were in stock and have now been sent out. (Coincidentally, they happened to all go to people who are not on any social media or Forum, so we haven't heard from any of them  :o)

We were a bit disappointed at the lack of drum-roll to announce the great news that they have finally arrived, but not very surprised.  Par for the course, really

You replied, to at least a couple of people we know of, who emailed you today  asking if they have indeed arrived in Sydney on the weekend:

"Thank you for contacting IceTV Customer Service.

Best Regards,

Leon
IceTV Support Team

IceTV Pty Limited
Level 1/20 Chandos Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065"

So, what are we to believe?  The message in your email or your post here?

And in case I am not being clear, it is not the delays I object to, (can happen)  it it the duplicitousness that gets my goad, being treated like a mushroom  >:(
Cheers,
Judy

IanL-S

I do not believe that Leon, Dave and the others who are customers primary contacts have been deliberately misleading us. They can only pass on what they have been told. At this stage we have no information on why they were not given a timely update on what was happening. Hopefully there will be a proper explanation provided in an mass email today.

The only thing that I can say is that it reflects very poorly on IceTV as a company.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Coopsp

What i read from Leon is that only some of the Skippa's have arrived not the amount that they were excepting. I am guessing i may get mine just before they release number 2. What a joke the have not even released pre release of the original and telling about number two.

Ice TV as a business look like a backyard one after this shambles.

Pete

gas667

Quote from: Leon K on September 14, 2015, 07:46:30 PM
Hey Guys,

So they're not here yet? I think I need to check the dictionary definition of "On Schedule".

Seriously the delays are fine. No problem with that but as an example of how not to do a new product roll-out this may became a textbook example.

My grip is the communication has been extremely poor. They always seem to wait until Friday to deliver bad news.

Oh well 15 days left in September. I think i'm order 480 or so so maybe before that.