Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Has anyone heard if there has been any update, or confirmation, of the information sent out last Friday:

"From September 10 onwards, we will fulfill the remaining orders on a 'first come, first served' basis. This means that every customer will receive their ordered SKIPPA® in September."

Ian

If my arithmetic is correct, 10 September is next Thursday, so only 5 business days until they say fulfilment will start.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Tyrus

And that's for the start of the remaining orders. The first small batch should have gone by now, according to that notice.

Has anyone received one yet?

Tyrus

Received yesterday ...

QuoteMANUFACTURING AND DELIVERY ON TRACK
Mass production of SKIPPA® remains on schedule. We have started to fulfill the earliest pre-orders. About half of the pre-ordered SKIPPA® volume arrives in Sydney by air freight over the weekend, with the remainder not far behind. We have increased staff in our Sydney warehouse to speed up customer shipments from Monday on a "first-ordered, first-shipped" basis."

Certainly good news that it hasn't had another slip, but to say "remains on schedule" and "on track" is a bit rude when its some 2 months later!?

bridjee

Quote from: Tyrus on September 12, 2015, 08:17:41 AM
Received yesterday ...

QuoteMANUFACTURING AND DELIVERY ON TRACK
Mass production of SKIPPA® remains on schedule. We have started to fulfill the earliest pre-orders. About half of the pre-ordered SKIPPA® volume arrives in Sydney by air freight over the weekend, with the remainder not far behind. We have increased staff in our Sydney warehouse to speed up customer shipments from Monday on a "first-ordered, first-shipped" basis."

Certainly good news that it hasn't had another slip, but to say "remains on schedule" and "on track" is a bit rude when its some 2 months later!?

Not to mention that there is no confirmed date for the second half of the preorders... 

warkus

Didn't the email (previous one not the one last Friday) say everyone would receive their skippa in September?

Didn't the last email say the rest of the skippas were not far behind?

You may not have an exact date but if the email stays true everyone gets there unit sometime in September, obviously in a first order first delivered basis.

bridjee

Yeah it did but those last minute Friday emails have committed before and been "adjusted" later. 

July 24 email states due to greater demand for skippa caused delays and orders will be fulfilled mid August
July 31 email states everything was rectified and all preorders will be fulfilled by end of August. 
And it goes on....

Sorry but at this stage would rather an up front statement around we're sorry, doing our best and you'll get it as soon as possible. Any other messages or commitment coming from IceTV at the moment just do not carry any weight. 

Looking for to getting to play and hoping they have produced a world class product, just very disappointed in their treatment of customers.

warkus

Ahhh the digital age of perfection where everyone is anonymous and perfect, don't ya just love it...

I'm quite sure you'll get your unit soon enough...

...and hopefully it'll be great, and hopefully we can all discuss its pros and cons and help to develop it in a respectful and polite manner without too much of a repeat of the last few months of insults and drivel.

I have also respectfully asked the mods on whirlpool to close that useless thread, and rename it to "Prerelease Dsicussions of SKIPPA" so that anyone that wants to return to that thread can do so, but a new thread needs to be started for actual skippa discussions of the unit itself, otherwise a new person to the thread will have to wade through 49 PAGES of posts to get to the START of any discussions regarding their actual actually new unit...

bridjee

Not sure what you mean by the first line. 

However to reinforce what i said (and have personally said to the chairman of icetv and customer support directly), don't care if i don't get the device for a few more months, set expectations appropriately.  Product delays, changing industry standards, surprise bugs, supplier issues are all too common so we all understand.  (well a most of us :) )

The delay was actually a positive for me for a few hundred bucks i got to experiment and resurrect my dead Tivo's. 

That's great, Forum management is tough but i am sure once we all get the device the Whirlpool guys will give Skippa the appropriate space.  We all are hoping to get behind an Aussie product.

EdQld

No word yet if the Skippa landed in Australia over the weekend as per previous email, don't tell me, the Plane had to return to China due to engine problems  :o

FMB

Quote from: EdQld on September 14, 2015, 01:36:26 PM
No word yet if the Skippa landed in Australia over the weekend as per previous email, don't tell me, the Plane had to return to China due to engine problems  :o

What I'd really like is a post from someone at IceTV which says something like:

X Skippa's have arrived in the country and we are processing orders up to invoice number Y. We expect to have all of these shipped by Z.

Surely that isn't too much to expect and can't be that hard to do.

warkus

I thought they already did that in the last email with not quite the specifics of numbers you mentioned.

A shipment arriving over weekend (approx half the pre orders).
Units shipped to those that first ordered in terms of priority.
Being sent out Monday (today) onwards
The rest not far behind...

That was my understanding anyway...

Mark

Leon K

Hey All,

Here is a link to a comprehensive Skippa update as at Sep 12, 2015..

SKIPPA - TechWebCast interview with Heinz Herrmann, IceTV CEO

http://techwebcast.podomatic.com/entry/2015-09-11T20_25_42-07_00

Cheers,
Leon

SkippaBeat

A good listen Leon.  Heinz seems a genuine sort of guy!

Was recorded before Skippa's due to land, so still not sure if they are here though!

zoszos68

I sent a message to sales today to ask about the Skippa and have the arrived in Sydney and this in the reply.

"Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting IceTV Customer Service.

Yes they have arrived - and your order is being processed, so you should get a tracking number soon, as it will be sent within a few days.

Best Regards,

Leon
IceTV Support Team

IceTV Pty Limited
Level 1/20 Chandos Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065"

Hope that's makes a few happy.

Kevin

IanL-S

Quote from: SkippaBeat on September 14, 2015, 03:36:37 PM
A good listen Leo.  Heinz seems a genuine sort of guy!

Was recorded before Skippa's due to land, so still not sure if they are here though!

If they arrived on schedule some of us should get tracking numbers today (I was told my tracking number should turn up on Sunday or Monday).

However, there is always the possibility of last minute shipping delay or glitches in the dispatch process.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help