Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalky

Ditto on that.

The Comskip on my Sage box is having a hernia and I think the Sage box itself is on its last legs.

bodogbodog

Quote from: IanL-S on August 25, 2015, 11:02:07 AM
Today it is three months since I made by pre-order (25 May 2015). Still no information on firm shipping date.
But Ian the expected ship date was always stated to be July - so I make it one month late. The wait is part of the trade off we have to accept in return for the low price charges to those who ordered in advance
IceTV have said very publically it will ship this week - so that's what I'm expecting
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

zoszos68

bodogbodog no one said it was three months late just that they paid three months ago.
So it has been a three month wait since paying.

Kevin

IanL-S

Quote from: bodogbodog on August 25, 2015, 04:14:37 PM
Quote from: IanL-S on August 25, 2015, 11:02:07 AM
Today it is three months since I made by pre-order (25 May 2015). Still no information on firm shipping date.
But Ian the expected ship date was always stated to be July - so I make it one month late. The wait is part of the trade off we have to accept in return for the low price charges to those who ordered in advance
IceTV have said very publically it will ship this week - so that's what I'm expecting

I was only making an observation about how long it is since I placed the order - it was intended as a humorous comment as it is the three month anniversary of the order. Obviously I am in need of humour lessons. :-[ :o ;D

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

bodogbodog

Quote from: IanL-S on August 25, 2015, 04:54:12 PMit was intended as a humorous comment as it is the three month anniversary of the order. Obviously I am in need of humour lessons. :-[ :o ;D
Ian - thanks for clarifying that - I think we'll all be glad to get our Skippas then we can start playing and experimenting. Then the IceTV community can share their experiences - I've always enjoyed the way the community has supported each other in these forums
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Vortical

This is one of the friendlier forums and like everyone else I'm looking forward to getting the skippa  ;D

It was so long ago I originally asked IceTV about their own branded PVR and it's finally happened.
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/general-discussions/1/icetv-branded-media-center-pvr/1401/msg6345#msg6345

Tyrus

Received today....

QuoteFollowing a small initial run, the factory pushed our mass manufacturing slot back for a second time. Australia's order volumes are relatively small when compared to international markets. This makes it difficult for any Australian vendor to obtain priority, hence the delay. However, we are assured by the factory that our new production date will be adhered to.
A small quantity of SKIPPAs® will be shipped next week to customers who placed their order first. From September 10 onwards, we will fulfill the remaining orders on a 'first come, first served' basis. This means that every customer will receive their ordered SKIPPA® in September.

Call me skeptical, but the spin here is so cliche and so disappointing.  IMO its really poor customer service to continually make us wait in excited anticipation - right up to the deadline, only to then admit further delays.

Likkie

Quote from: Tyrus on August 28, 2015, 11:48:39 AM
Received today....

QuoteFollowing a small initial run, the factory pushed our mass manufacturing slot back for a second time. Australia's order volumes are relatively small when compared to international markets. This makes it difficult for any Australian vendor to obtain priority, hence the delay. However, we are assured by the factory that our new production date will be adhered to.
A small quantity of SKIPPAs® will be shipped next week to customers who placed their order first. From September 10 onwards, we will fulfill the remaining orders on a 'first come, first served' basis. This means that every customer will receive their ordered SKIPPA® in September.

Call me skeptical, but the spin here is so cliche and so disappointing.  IMO its really poor customer service to continually make us wait in excited anticipation - right up to the deadline, only to then admit further delays.

Too right.

At the rate we're going, it will obsolete before it arrives :)

FMB

The bit in the e-mail I hated the most was:

"During our pre-order sale you saved up to $200 off RRP, and will be among the first to receive a SKIPPA® in Australia."

Because that makes it alright...NOT! Yes IceTV, I'm really clever for ordering early and saving money. I acknowledge that I will be one of the first in the country to receive a Skippa, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't receive it when you said I was going to receive it.

Your feeble attempts to placate me have failed.

Likkie

Quote from: FMB on August 28, 2015, 12:02:12 PM
The bit in the e-mail I hated the most was:

"During our pre-order sale you saved up to $200 off RRP, and will be among the first to receive a SKIPPA® in Australia."

Because that makes it alright...NOT!

Thats was kind of insulting wasn't it.

IanL-S

I agree that the $200 pre-order discount is irrelevant to the (repeated) delivery delays.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

bridjee

and i would predict several months after release the price will drop to come back to be competitive with the majority of pvr's out there.

Stalky

And they've had our money up front and IN FULL for all that time!!

Not impressed!

Paul55

Makes you wonder how long they've known about this latest delay at the factory.
The reason for the delay is understandable, the lack of communication - not so much.

csutak40

Quote from: Paul55 on August 28, 2015, 05:58:31 PM
Makes you wonder how long they've known about this latest delay at the factory.

The one thing we can be sure of, they certainly knew about it before this afternoon!
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,