Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

I'm in Melbourne and still no email (8.59pm, Friday).

Is it only me that is perplexed by the content of the email extract posted by Judy?

Will not say more ... too difficult to make forum posts from the iPad. Need a real keyoard and a big (BIG) monitor to compose a rigorous analysis of what we have been told to date.

Ian

PS Started wondering if I had really ordered a SKIPPA - checked my order history and I done so. The status is "Shipped: pending", the same as the TRF-2400 I purcased back in December 2009. Now I am really confused
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

HORNETSTER

I am REALLY having difficulty trying to figure out why we get NO INPUT from any IceTV staff here....
Customer service is about keeping in touch with customers: good news or bad news, if customers are kept informed they are always much more patient!
No word just fires off speculation.
Come on IceTV, be fair to the people who are your customers...
We may just be a bit more patient, if we at least get some input...
Thanks!

warkus

Ian,

I wonder maybe if you have the promotional emails turned off in your account, as the email that was sent with the info in it (that judy quoted from) was not specific to skippa pre-order people, it was just the weekly show update email with a section about the skippa in middle, and a big picture of a boat showing sea containers tipping over, lol, not sure I'd have chosen that picture but hey, we get the point, lol...

Mark

Rat

Remember my August predictions 6 weeks ago back when the fanbois told me to not be so skeptical?

I am subscribed to both the promotional emails and the pre-order emails and I have NO emails from them as of 10:40 Friday night, kind of makes me wonder how they can run an ad-skipping subscription service when they can't even send an email to their customers successfully?

No updates on their Facebook......No updates here in their forum to their most loyal fans (if any are left).........they still have the last pre-order offer open on their web page, but it seems all references to ANY shipment date have been removed, I wonder when they deleted those lines?

I'm upscaling my view of the Skippa promotional team (if such exists) from sloppy, lazy and unprofessional and cranking that up to Deceitful, Deceptive and Unscrupulous.

Why?

Well IMO there is NO WAY what they have written in that email excerpt is anywhere near the truth, from the early frantic and erratic changes to their promotions I would guess that pre-sales were disappointingly slow to start, the lack of interest on mainstream forums reflects this also, even people here have been holding back.

The initial pre-release offer was said to be capped at 1000 units,  I find it difficult to believe that 1000 have been presold, but even if they have WHY could those 1000 not have been shipped as was always the plan from the start? WHY would extra orders after the 1000 cap delay the shipment of the first orders? Answer = They wouldn't.........unless Skippa staff actually did get more orders and decided to hold back the first orders on purpose so the later orders could be put in the same container and save them cash at the expense of not delivering on their promise.

I say the most likely scenario is that they have known for weeks now that the date was going to slip AGAIN and held off telling anyone while they deceptively kept pushing hard on the pre-order promotions while people purchased thinking the release was in July.

If that is true then IMO it's bordering criminal behavior :(

warkus

That entire post is almost completely baseless...

Total speculation - in reality you have absolutely NO IDEA how many they have sold and to make a post like that is just plain stupid.

You think that everyone that purchases a unit posts on here? I don't think so.

Actually considering how many people I've spoken to (and if you know who I am and what I do then you would know that's a LOT of people) I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have sold 2000. But again I have no idea just like you have no idea, and until they are released and more people start posting here about them or on whirlpool neither of us probably will.

I think personally the most likely scenario (but again this is speculation too) is that they were planning to air freight the initial pre orders across but due to significant orders in the first and second pre orders they have had to ship by sea instead due to massive costs in air freighting large quantities.

That's a far more likely scenario, but may also be totally untrue. The reality of it is that it's just a PVR and whilst mildly frustrating to have to wait and get delayed, it's still just a PVR and not worth getting so stressed and worked up over, it really isn't.

FYI, I'm not a fanboy either, but my previous comments of waiting until it happens are true, no point getting worked up over nothing. So Now that it has actually happened and you have been delayed, you can decide/make a choice to either wait patiently like everyone else or cancel your order and go and purchase something else, but neither of those choices should involve you getting upset as life's to short to worry about stuff like that. Not to mention your post really isn't based on anything concrete, just wait and see how it pans out like the rest of us. I really am hoping this is the PVR I am thinking it will be, and is well worth the wait, reminds me of the nandos menu board if you've ever been there...

The taste will be remembered long after the wait is forgotten.

Mark

PS,

I'm not trying to be annoying by the way, I'm just trying to make people see reason and calm down somewhat, as I honestly believe that some of these posts are just getting way out of control, especially that guy on whirlpool, he's in a league of his own he really is, obviously has nothing else to focus on in life at the moment that's for sure.

warkus

As for the email that ICE sent out, they may have possibly tried to cancel it from going out but by the time they did some had already received it.

Again, just a theory/speculation but it does seem odd that many received it and then it suddenly stopped and others haven't received it...

I can only assume that they either realised it wasn't appropriate or simply changed their minds and cancelled sending it...

Possibly???

Mark

Rat

Warkus I'm not really as upset as I sound, this is the ride I signed up for and expected, but that doesn't change what I said.

I do know who you are and I'm not trying to annoy you either, actually I admire your casual attitude, but I do think being so accepting of poor feedback is going a bit far. When a company offers a pre-release online to people like they have then I think timely and transparent communication is paramount.

Yes some of my post is speculation that is why I kept saying "IMO" to clarify that, I don't think that is stupid.

OK if YOUR speculation is correct and somehow not as stupid as mine, and they have decided to ship by sea freight instead of airfreight, is that not purposefully breaking a promise to ship (fly) deadline to maximise their profit at the expense of the first release pre-order customers like ourselves, just like I said. I paid and was told a deadline, if they broke that deadline when they could have kept it under the original conditions then is that not deceptive? so your speculation is saying the same as I did. The only difference is yours has a smiley at the end and mine has a frownie.

They were going to airfreight 1000 and get them here by end of July, now they are not, and they have not properly conveyed why apart from a half sent email which contents seem a bit incredulous.

You seem to disagree with me and yet agree at the same time :) 

warkus

Well,

What I do agree with is that communication hasn't been very good regarding this delay, that is for sure...

I think they need to communicate better yes, it would definitely solve a lot of the issues and speculation and misinformation. Hopefully we will get something soon.

in the mean time, cheer up, it could be worse, our skippas could actually be at the bottom of the sea in a fallen sea container, lol, if the pic in the email comes true, bahahahahahahah

Rat

I do keep a sense of humor about this, but also a keep the %^%$&ers honest attitude that I have about everything.

Just last week as my wife reset our ailing old PVR that has been giving her/us the craps (her maintenance and updating responsibility is the PVR mine is the PC) for the millionth time in the last year or so that I have been telling her that we should wait for the IceBox/Skippa instead of throwing it in the bin or sending it to Warkus or just buying a new Beyonwiz, she groaned with the familiar frustration of it and I joked "only a few months to wait for Skippa now" LOL and we both smiled :D

I have not told her of this latest news yet, I'll wait till it's a good time, if Skippa is a buggy non performer I will not try to convince her to wait for updates. I will either sell it straight away at a small loss, or smash it with a hammer and upload to YouTube for great satisfaction :D

warkus

I understand.

For what it's worth if this unit is what I think it will be (rebadged Altech UEC OEM PVR) then I don't think it will be as buggy as hell. It may have some bugs, like the Altech 9600 does but not masses of them, hopefully anyway.

Can't be any worse than the new beyonwiz units, although they are much improved on the initial release of the T3 (almost not recognisable as the same unit now the firmware is that different) they still have issues, lots of them, and sadly the UI is still too complex for many. I guess it comes from having so many features and being so customisable, but at a cost of not being more user friendly.

I posted on whirlpool about what I thought this unit would be and why but it was moderated due to an apparent personal attack, which was nothing more than stating a specific users posts were being moderated...no idea how that's a personal attack but anyway.

Apparently they will unhide it when I edit it and remove those comments. I've done that but it's still hidden so check it tomorrow.

Mark

IanL-S

Quote from: IanL-S on July 24, 2015, 09:05:29 PM<<<SNIP>>>
PS Started wondering if I had really ordered a SKIPPA - checked my order history and I done so. The status is "Shipped: pending", the same as the TRF-2400 I purchased back in December 2009. Now I am really confused

Apparently they only recently added this field, and old orders have the default of 'Shipped: pending' in that field.

As to not receiving an email, it looks as if somehow my subscription to the weekly email letter was discontinued when I updated my details yesterday or the day before.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

grahford

Quote from: IanL-S on July 25, 2015, 09:42:14 AM
As to not receiving an email, it looks as if somehow my subscription to the weekly email letter was discontinued when I updated my details yesterday or the day before.

Weird. Mine had become unticked as well.

zoszos68

I just got a second email but this time it was just the "missed the boat".
So it seems it was in the whats on etc email and one with just Skippa info.

I will now have to keep using my IQ-less (yes it's an IQ is 3) :o.

Kevin

IanL-S

Quote from: zoszos68 on July 25, 2015, 10:49:34 PM
I just got a second email but this time it was just the "missed the boat".
So it seems it was in the whats on etc email and one with just Skippa info.

I will now have to keep using my IQ-less (yes it's an IQ is 3) :o.

Kevin

I did not get that one either. Definitely some sort of conspiracy here. :o ;)

Ian
Synology NAS

prl

I got both, and I don't have a Skippa on order.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing