Skippa Pre-Order

Started by Leon K, May 25, 2015, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bapjones

Where's my F***ing Skippa!!!!!
What still in customs. But then it doesn't account for the previous delays.
I was told Friday that it was packed and addressed and waiting to be picked up.
What a lie.
I would definitely get a tracking number Tuesday,
Yeah right, off to dispute with Paypal.
What will the excuse be now!!

warkus

Anger aside, if you ask them for a refund I'm sure they will oblige, they have for many others so not sure why you need to dispute it with PayPal, pretty sure it would be quicker to just get IceTV to refund it directly rather than go through that process of dispute waiting for parties to reply back and forth etc.

I don't think they would object to refunding you.

I have no knowledge of this but they may well have posted them, perhaps they just haven't lodged the electronic lodgements yet with Australia post. It wouldn't be the first time I've has something posted to me that has had the electronic lodgement (which has the customers details and email in it) lodged after the item was received by Australia post already.

Anyway, guess I'm just being optimistic, I really don't have a clue if that's true or not...

Remember until Australia post received the electronic lodgement from IceTV, they can't send you an email confirmation that your package is on its way, but it doesn't mean it's not on its way already...

Mark

bapjones

Hi Mark,
I tried that on friday and was told by your customer service to take a hike.
Actually they were quite abrupt when asking when it will be posted and if I would be receiving it.
They said under no circumstances will they refund and that they couldn't trace if my Skippa was there or not.
But it was likely there definitely addressed to be picked by Auspost before tuesday when I would be getting tracking number.
Hard to know which it is.
Therefore they couldn't stop the order.
If you could give name and number of someone who I could ring tomorrow to cancel it would be good.

warkus

I'm not sure that was accurate advice that was given to you, perhaps that person ha a bad day, I don't know.

First off they are not my customer service.
Second, heaps of others have gotten a refund so why they singled you out and said no I'm not sure, but you are definitely saying the opposite to what many others have said when they cancelled their units.

Perhaps it depends on who you speak to. Others have definitely cancelled their orders with no trouble at all in doing so.

csutak40

Had they gone out today, I would have said that the only reason I can think of why they would have said no to a cancellation, would be that they thought it may already be in transit.

However, as no one was notified that the shipment had left (nor that the new firmware promised for Tuesday was available) I am at a loss.  I had no problem cancelling my order and the refund appeared in my PayPal account.

I honestly don't understand IceTV.  Why can't they at least keep people posted about what's happening?  It is as if they are trying to lose all credibility.  This would be farcical, if it wasn't so sad.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

GaryT

I'm posting these comments in both Whirlpool and the IceTV forum so apologies in advance for anybody reading them twice.
I really do not know what to do anymore with this Skippa debacle.
It's increasingly obvious that we are simply being lied to from all levels within IceTV.
Here it is now 07/10/2015 which means it's over 4 months since I ordered my Skippa which when ordered had an ETA of the end of July. Being a new product coming to market I did not fully expect it to arrive by the end of July but on the other hand did not think that on 07/10/2015 I'd still be waiting for it with the latest lot of delivery "promises" expired with no further updates from IceTV. Ie. The latest I have was Heinz note last Friday indicating that tracking details would be provided yesterday. As has become the norm with IceTV over recent months a date or timeframe has expired with no further update until sometime after that expiry.
My "lie" comment above can be fully supported by a service ticket which I opened on 14/09/2015 when I first asked IceTv when I can reasonably expect to receive my Skippa. Looking back through the history of that there are numerous contradictions in the messages given to me not to mention that every date and timeframe they gave me has expired without being met.
The most recent example being:-
28/09 - Told IceTV to cancel my order as I'd had enough
29/09 – Ice TV (Dave) told me that if I did not cancel, I'd have a tracking number on 30/09 or 01/10 at the absolute latest (unequivocal guarantee) as the Skippas had cleared customs and were expected in the warehouse that afternoon (ie 29/09). When I asked what compensation I'd get if the unequivocal guarantee was not met he did not respond. Anyway like a fool I agreed to rescind the cancellation, something which I now very much regret doing.
Combine this with Heinz notes of 11/09/2015 and 02/10/2015 really creates what should be an extremely embarrassing situation for Ice TV and that is without even referencing the comments/feedback in the on-line forums.
When I first signed up with IceTV  about 18 months ago, I was most impressed with their service and the couple of initial teething problems I had were quickly sorted out by a call to support. As I result, I'd been strongly singing the praises of IceTV to family and friends. I also took advantage of one of the various extended subscription offers that were regularly advertised.
Today, I cannot think of a circumstance that would see me give IceTV another cent of my money or recommend it to anybody. I'm certainly now telling anybody that may be interested in taking up IceTV or even worse, buying a Skippa, to closely look at the comments in both Whirlpool and the IceTv Forum before making a decision so they can go in with their eyes open.
Apologies for the length of this rant but I just needed to get it off my chest.

stretch4x4

Gday Gary,

I agree that the communication from icetv regarding the Skippa has been average! Some of the updates with promises in them should not have gone out as the information was far from concrete and at the point the information was found to be incorrect then it would have been nice to get updates with the new information.

On the plus side the time they not putting towards communication they do at least seem to be putting in to dev. The third update has been pushed out and the bugs for the next update have been listed, so they seem to be making good progress on the teething issues those of us with skippas are seeing. And whether due to hardware or software, everyone with major issues seems to be promised an exchange (even though supply of the exchange is clearly going to be an issue currently). So while their communication is very much lacking, I think the support is still there.

The only thing I can suggest is to completely forget that it is coming, get a nice surprise when it does finally arrive and hopefully you will have a less buggy Skippa experience than those whose shipped earlier.

Cheers

rfpearce@hotmail.com

Hi, im hoping someone will give me an answer on here as to what is going on with the pre-orders. I was emailed last week saying that on Tuesday I would receive confirmation from Australia post that my Skippa had been sent.

I still haven't received anything and constant emails and calls to the help line (which no body answers) has left me in the dark. It would be nice if someone from Icetv could actually reply or even better take the time to call me .......... Not a happy customer after having pre-ordered on June 26th

rfpearce@hotmail.com

At least you seem to have been able to actually talk to someone. All I get when I call is to leave details or to email and they will get back to me.

My experience is exactly the same as yours in regards to it being posted yesterday (Tuesday) and still nothing to say its posted.

rossl

Have received notice - Now in Receivership!!
Ross

Humax HDR7500T 1TB and Topfield TRF-2460

fluug

Just been emailed that IceTV is in voluntary administration  >:(
Where's my skippa.
Better still where's my money  :'(

GaryT

I also just received the same notice. I Wonder where Heinz is !!

warkus

Oh my god!!!

WOW....

I'm speechless... Are you for real?!?!?!

spinifex

I have received the same notice.  :(

stretch4x4

Well#$%^  :o

Can someone post up the contents of the email?