Recording options default to series

Started by scotty, April 22, 2015, 02:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty

In the iOS app, when you try to add a recording for a program that isn't a series (like a movie) the recording options default to Series recording rather than Episode Only.

Is it possible for the app to default to Episode Only if the program isn't part of a series?

Scotty

Dave

Quote from: scotty on April 22, 2015, 02:17:54 PM
In the iOS app, when you try to add a recording for a program that isn't a series (like a movie) the recording options default to Series recording rather than Episode Only.

I have the same issue and frustration as Scotty.  Especially when the program is listed as a Movie.
Additionally, sometimes I get failures where it will not allow me to change it to an "Episode Only" recording.

Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

Dave at IceTV

Where are you selecting the movie to record from? If it is from Coming Soon then it is because all recordings set from Coming Soon have to be set as a series as they don't have an air date or start time yet.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

scotty

It also defaults to series from the TV Guide section.

Scotty

Dave

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 23, 2015, 06:27:51 PM
Where are you selecting the movie to record from? If it is from Coming Soon then it is because all recordings set from Coming Soon have to be set as a series as they don't have an air date or start time yet.
Yes Dave, it won't let me make it a single recording from the Coming Soon page.
But most of these shows have a start date.  Is it that that information is not guaranteed to be correct or something?
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR