White Collar 1 or 12 - Wednesday Melbourne - late change

Started by IanL-S, February 19, 2015, 10:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

For the second week in a row White Collar was replaced by another program (which was also transmitted on 10 at the same time - very strange programming decision). This seems to have been a late change as 1/12 was advertising it as being on the day before and, if I recall correctly, earlier on the day of scheduled transmission. This is not really an IceTV problem as Network 10 seems to be deliberately attempting to mislead viewers. The IceTV EPG content was update for this late change some time on Wednesday this week. In both cases the timer was not deleted on either of the Toppys on which it was scheduled.

The free-to-air EPG data must have been updated quite late in the day as non-IceTV Toppys using SmartEPG still recorded a program at 7.30 (correctly titled).

End of rant.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

Yes, Ten made a late decision to simulcast I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here on One. We caught it and amended our guide at 7pm. Your PVR may not have shown the change or updated the timer, it really depends how often it updates, whether the box was on etc.

We've scheduled this episode (for the third time) next week. Hopefully Ten actually shows it. Thanks.

IanL-S

Thanks for this information

The timing of the rescheduling explains why the timer was not deleted. I have 15 pre padding so there was only a small window (15 minutes) within which to delete the scheduled timer. As timer checks are at approximately 15 minute intervals it would only be caught by good luck.

Why they bother with the simulcast is beyond me. A way of bolstering ratings?

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Madeleine IceGuide

And they've done it again for tonight ... Last Man Standing and Sirens is out, simulcast of I'm A Celebrity is in.

We have just amended the guide for One.