Cant access acount on 2400

Started by Gregmw, January 25, 2015, 09:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregmw

I have just finally hooked this up and am trialing the Free 3 month subscription that is offered,
I have a WIFI internet connection that seems to be working OK on the 2400.

When I try to set up the ICE TV - I enter my username and password - and it keeps coming up INVALID ACCOUNT

I have tried everything.I did get it to work once for about 10 Min

Gee ,I hope that its not this hard to use this -

IanL-S

I have never had this happen to me.

It is possible that the problem comes back to it being notoriously difficult to get IceTV to work with a wifi dongle.

Some 2400s refuse to play nicely with IceTV. I had one that refused to work with IceTV. The other Toppys work fine, and have done so for years. The naughty one would not connect using the device name of one of the other 2400s when it was bein 'rested'.

It is possible that there is a problem with the IcTV account, so I suggest taking to IceTV Tech support. At worst they will be able to rule that possibility out.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Leon K

Hi Greg,

The Topfield 2400's don't like the '@' symbol for the UserID,

You can log into your account by following this link:

https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi?op=editDetail

and update your UserID, for convenience it's easiest to just remove the '@' symbol and everything after it, so that your new UserID is simply the first part of your email address.

Then please set the new UserID on the Topfield and it should connect fine from there.

IanL-S

Well, looks like I was right about IceTV Tech Support being able to help sort this out.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help