News on EyeTV 2.3.2 with Australian EPG - Imminent?

Started by imt, October 17, 2006, 11:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Really??!?!?!? Strange. We'll add that to the list!

Larrikin

I've installed the latest eyetv and have a valid account with icetv.

I am located in Sydney.

EyeTV recognises my valid IceTV account when I enter my username and password.

When I try to update the EPG, it says "update failed: server returned error".

When I try to update the scheduling, it says "The tvtv account information is invalid".

I have setup PIMP as per the instructions - my label is "lounge" which shows correctly in eyetv.

I just can't get my eyetv to update the EPG or the scheduler.

I've tried completely removing the eyetv application (including all the hidden places it stores files) and re-installed it as a brand new installation including auto-tune again. Didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Marc

Please call support on 1300 654 803 and we'll sort it out as fast as we can.

Just a thought: Have you set EyeTV to be the EPG provider in the channel list?

Larrikin

Quote from: marc@iSlayer on November 01, 2006, 09:52:06 AM
Please call support on 1300 654 803 and we'll sort it out as fast as we can.

Just a thought: Have you set EyeTV to be the EPG provider in the channel list?

Yeah, I have. I'll call support and see what we can do.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Looks like there is currently an issue on the server end, our engineers are looking at this now and expect to have it fixed shortly.

I will post again when this is back up and running.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Done, the server has been updated, if you update the guide in EyeTV everything will now be working.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Larrikin

Quote from: Daniel Hall on November 01, 2006, 12:11:43 PM
Done, the server has been updated, if you update the guide in EyeTV everything will now be working.

Yep - TV schedule is now updating. Just waiting to see if my PIMP schedule comes through and records the right channel at the right time.

As they say, time will tell :-)

rtraill

My EyeTV on the DTT stick is working well but I cannot get reliable reception on channels 9 and to a lesser extent SBS.  My Topfield box used to get breaking up reception but whilst the signal is weaker than other stations has been ok and my Samsung LCD with inbuilt HD tuner has no problems.

Looking at the signal in preferences, I get about 60% signal strength but 0% quality.  Same on all the TV outlets in the house.  It seems to me that the DTT hasn't got a very sensitive tuner in it.

If I set a timer on 9 it usually fails after about 2-24 seconds with a no-signal message.

How are others going with receiving Channel 9?

Marc

No issues here.

Where are you located? Maybe a Diversity might help?

Or some kind of booster?