Unable to tune GWN in WA

Started by Cashie, December 06, 2014, 10:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cashie

I just moved to regional WA.
I have my Humax 7500 plugged into the antenna and the TV connected to the humax.
The TV tunes and receives all channels no problems.
The Humax however won't see GWN.
I don't think it's a signal issue as the TV receives it without issue.

Am I missing something?

Doctor Whatuwant

In my experience the Humax has poorer low signal strength ability than other appliances. I also live in a regional area.

Dave at IceTV

Single tuner devices like TVs can often cope with a weaker or 'noisier' signal than a twin tuner PVR can. Electrical noise getting into the signal can reduce signal quality making a strong signal as bad as a weak signal.

Often when the Humax cannot pickup a certain TV network's signal during the auto search it will pick it up during a manual search. You just need to know the frequency for GWN in your area.

1. Go to 'Menu > Settings > Installation > 0000 > Manual Search' and set the following settings:
2. Channel: ignore this (it will change itself when you set the frequency).
3. Frequency: set to the KHz frequency of GWN in your area.
4. Bandwidth: leave it set to 7MHz.
5. Network Search: leave it set to OFF.
6. Check the signal level and quality bargraphs (they should be above 50% and NOT jumping from 0% to 50% to 0% etc).
7. Then select the Search button and press OK.
8. Save the found channels.

In step 6 you can fiddle with the antenna cable(s) to see if you can get a stronger or more stable signal. Try removing the cable from the RF Out. Try bypassing any splitters, filters, surge protectors, cable joins and male-female adaptors etc - e.g. run a single good quality cable directly from the wall socket to the Humax.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service