Toppy Died

Started by Garywg, October 07, 2014, 12:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garywg

Well I see this Topfield TF7100HDPVRt forum is dead....
And now I have had the dreaded freezing issue, I removed the Harddrive and installed another one and it still froze.... take out the HD altogether and it runs fine...
So I guess its something to do with timeshift???

Anyhow I have moved on to a Masterpiece TRF-2400 as my TF7100 is 5 years old time to move on. (but will have a go at fixing it lol)

IanL-S

The old Topfield forum died about March 2013. A new forum started in May 2014 (unfortunately the old content was apparently unable to be recovered). When the new forum was structured it was decided that there would not be separate forum sections for models that were discontinued more than 4 years ago. That means that for Toppy PVRs discussion of SD models, and those HD models that only support MPEG 2 (such as the TF7100HDPVRt) were 'relegated' to the Archived Terrestrial PVRs section of the new forum; http://topfield.forumchitchat.com/?forum=380131. They were archived models under the old forum as well.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Vortical

While I was away on holidays my 7100 stopped recordings on the 2nd October.

Came back and it was stuck on and frozen.

Rebooted and it kept freezing a minute or two after rebooting each time I tried.

I factory reset it, rescanned and deleted all the shopping channels and it worked perfectly until I turned on the IceTV EPG function then the freezing commenced again.

If you try to access the epg after the hdd check finishes it states something similar to this from memory

QuoteICETV Server BUSY
Unable to map channels

Please wait 2 minutes

Shortly after the hdd check finishes it freezes no matter what channel it's on.

Could IceTV check their EPG data for the original TF7100HDPVRt machines?
I beleive their EPG data is causing this problem as once mine is set to FTA EPG it does not freeze.

Zaq42

Quote from: Vortical on October 10, 2014, 04:31:12 PM
While I was away on holidays my 7100 stopped recordings on the 2nd October.

Came back and it was stuck on and frozen.

Rebooted and it kept freezing a minute or two after rebooting each time I tried.

I factory reset it, rescanned and deleted all the shopping channels and it worked perfectly until I turned on the IceTV EPG function then the freezing commenced again.

If you try to access the epg after the hdd check finishes it states something similar to this from memory

QuoteICETV Server BUSY
Unable to map channels

Please wait 2 minutes

Shortly after the hdd check finishes it freezes no matter what channel it's on.

Could IceTV check their EPG data for the original TF7100HDPVRt machines?
I beleive their EPG data is causing this problem as once mine is set to FTA EPG it does not freeze.

Mine is showing exactly the same behaviour from about the same time.

TF7100HDPVRt in Perth.  Since early October, the picture freezes (but audio continues) within a couple of minutes of completing the HDD after starting up.  Menus are unresponsive, turning off and trying again is necessary.  This only occurs with EPG set to IceTV; switch it to the free-to-air guide and there's no problem.

This is unlikely to be a coincidence.

IanL-S

Have you contacted IceTV tech support about this issue?

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Vortical

Very good point Ian

I've sent them a tech support message today, hopefully they can get this problem resolved.
I'd urge others to do the same if they are still having the problem.

Dave at IceTV

We are still looking at what exactly is causing the Topfield to freeze, but for now, if you disable the community channel, WTV, in your IceTV account it will stop the 7100 from freezing.

From My Account on the IceTV website change WTV from "All" to "Disabled" and save the change.
https://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Vortical

Thanks Dave so far so good after changing those settings tonight.

Was a pity it initially happened while I was away on holidays, we missed a few recordings because of this problem.

Vortical

7100 is back in business and has been working without freezing since disabling WTV.

Thanks again Dave.

Garywg

Funny, I said it died, but still using it on a second tv :)

Garywg

Old thread, but it still runs lol, sadly only if my daughter watches home and away on the old TV.

Dave at IceTV

Are you saying the toppy old likes Home And Away?  ;D
cheers

Dave
Customer Service