Problems with Topfield 2400.... again..:(

Started by mbiondo, August 10, 2014, 12:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbiondo

So everything has been working fine with my Topfield for the last few months. Then as of two weeks, scheduled recordings that I make on my IceTv android app are not transferred to the topfield. Nothing has changed from my end. I've left the Topfield on for 2 days straight thinking maybe the recordings would transfer, but nothing.... So far I have;

1) Cancelled all recordings and tried to set them again
2) Performed 2 factory resets and tried resending all the recordings
3) Have tried resetting the EPG data

None of the above have worked. The internet connection is fine. It is a wired connection and I can access my icetv account, icetv epg data and the weather channel. I'm just not receiving any scheduled data....

Really annoying and frustrating. What else can I try?

Thanks...

IanL-S

I see you have tried several factory resets, which should deal with EPG data corruption.

From time to time my Toppys stop downloading EPG data and Timers. This is sometimes accompanied by an inability to create local timers. This is fixed if I do a Reset Service List.

We are at the stage where we need to try things that should not cause this sorts of issues.

• Try rebooting your router and any Ethernet switches between the Toppy and the Router.
  • Rinstall the firmware using abundant caution - doing multiple resets to facrory settings followed by rebooting the Toppy - see oztoppy wiki http://oztoppy.wikidot.com/updating-your-firmware

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Paul55

I noticed over the last couple of days that no timers had downloaded from IceTV to my 2400 - this has happened before and I've generally tried to force downloads a few times and then give up and done a reset as Ian suggests. It doesn't happen with my Beyonwiz PVRs - also using IceTV.
I didn't get around to it this time and, lo and behold, they all (a few days worth) appeared without any further action from me. I wonder if there is some sort of corruption at the IceTV end that gets repaired (either manually or automatically).

IanL-S

Paul55, I think it is more likely a problem at the Topfield end; it probably is not initiating the downloading of timers. I doubt there could be anything at the IceTV end that is preventing the timers from downloading. To be certain you would need to run a diagnostic TAP on the Toppy or observer what is happening via a PC using Putty.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

mbiondo

Well, following Ians advice I performed a firmware install using the Abundant caution technique and I also formatted the internal hard drive. I'm not sure which one did the trick, but I am now receiving IceTv scheduled recordings again. Thanks for the tips.

I hope this doesn't become a common practise as its not something I want to have deal with on a regular basis. 

asouthan

Thanks very much all who posted to this topic. I've just had a similar problems with my Topfield 2460, and have got my recordings sent again using the Abundant Caution Firmware Update procedure. Its been an awful couple of weeks of not being able to use icetv, and resetting everything over and over to no avail. Thanks everyone. I did not reformat hard drive.

IanL-S

Quote from: asouthan on August 18, 2014, 09:19:38 PM
Thanks very much all who posted to this topic. I've just had a similar problems with my Topfield 2460, and have got my recordings sent again using the Abundant Caution Firmware Update procedure. Its been an awful couple of weeks of not being able to use icetv, and resetting everything over and over to no avail. Thanks everyone. I did not reformat hard drive.

This is excellent. I have never (as far as I can recall) had to do this to get IceTV to download timers; frequently need to do service reset which is significantly easier.

Ian
Synology NAS