Missing Channels in Ice TV Guide on T3

Started by bobmor, September 18, 2014, 04:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobmor

First posting on this forum so please forgive me if this is covered somewhere already.  Did look but couldn't find my query.  Have just updated to the latest firmware containing the Ice TV add-on, on the T3 (11/9/2014).  No dramas, can connect to Ice TV and am advised that all is well.  However, all Channel 7 and ABC programs are missing.  That is, no program details for 7, 7TWO, 7 Mate, ABC, ABC2/4, ABC3 or ABCNews.  I am in Brisbane and all other channels are fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this same problem?  The problem would appear to be on the Ice TV end of things as, apart from the missing program entries, the T3 is working perfectly well.  Needles to say that any timers set for Channel 7 or the ABC are not appearing and obviously failing.

Any help is appreciated.

Paul55

Not good!
From scanning the Beyonwiz forum, this seems to be a common issue at a number of locations.
I'm wondering if it has something to do with ABC and the Seven network having multiple LCNs for the same 'channel'. e.g. the 7 programming is also available on 70 and 71 and 2 is available on 21.

Fester

I am having the same issue here in Adelaide for the 7 network channels only. My timers for any 7 network channels were failing. But I noticed this morning that the yellow triangle had disappeared and I had the red blob for all my 7 timers, so all good there. But the IceTV EPG for all network 7 channels is not populated still, but I am happy my timers are all good.

Fester

Noticed this morning that Network 7 channels In Adelaide have started to populate.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: Fester on September 21, 2014, 09:24:00 AM
Noticed this morning that Network 7 channels In Adelaide have started to populate.

You may need to just disable IceTV, then re-enable it and force an EPG update to force a full download of the guide data now that the mapping information for 7 in Adelaide has been fixed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: bobmor on September 18, 2014, 04:43:07 PM
First posting on this forum so please forgive me if this is covered somewhere already.  Did look but couldn't find my query.  Have just updated to the latest firmware containing the Ice TV add-on, on the T3 (11/9/2014).  No dramas, can connect to Ice TV and am advised that all is well.  However, all Channel 7 and ABC programs are missing.  That is, no program details for 7, 7TWO, 7 Mate, ABC, ABC2/4, ABC3 or ABCNews.  I am in Brisbane and all other channels are fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this same problem?  The problem would appear to be on the Ice TV end of things as, apart from the missing program entries, the T3 is working perfectly well.  Needles to say that any timers set for Channel 7 or the ABC are not appearing and obviously failing.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi bobmor,

Is the guide showing up on these channels now?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Fester

Thanks Daniel, didn't need to do that, everything came good on its own.

GregoInc

Hi Folks,

Took delivery of my T3 today. After several hours trouble shooting I am confused why none of my Ice TV timers dont appear in the timers section or the EPG? The Ice TV app log says the timers have been downloaded, but nothing appears nor records? My DP-S1 unit worked fine, so not sure why the new T3 isn't getting the timers?

I am sure there is something simple that will resolve it, so apology for my post but figured this thread was closest to my problem.

Thanks, Mark

prl

You can force an EPG & timer update by going to MENU>Plugin>IceTV, then Disable IceTV, Enable IceTV, then Fetch EPG and timers now. That should force a complete download of the EPG and timers.

I'm not sure if it will fix the problem, though.

Unfortunately, at the moment no padding is applied to IceTV timers either by the T3 or the IceTV servers. That means that at the moment IceTV-programmed timers may lose parts of the programs you want to record. Because of this, I don't regard IceTV on the T3 as really ready for service.

Unfortunately, this post from peteru on the Beyonwiz forum is the most information currently available about the status of padding for IceTV timers on the T3. There are lots of posts on the Beyonwiz forum about the issue (search for IceTV padding), but they're mostly rewordings of "we want it and we want it now".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

bobmor

Sorry haven't responded sooner.  Went back to standard EPG and there were no problems.  However, have reactivated the IceTV prog guide and all stations are now populated with data.  Timers appear to be working also but I haven't checked whether they are padded or not.  Thanks to all who responded.  Much appreciated!

noel001

hi yes my t3 has all of a sudden lost all epg info but i forced it to update and the log says it has but still doesn't show epg im in Perth i believe it is at icetvs end hoping they read this and come up with a fix
sorry that was incorrect when updating i get timers updated but epg server timed out have also tried disableing and enabling icetv to no avail

Dave at IceTV

Hi Noel, I've emailed the steps to update your T3 via USB to a newer version than is currently on your T3.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

noel001

many thanks Dave but unfortunately that didn`t work ice version is 20150314 t3 is 4.4 it still updates timer and sayes unable to load epg won`t update software ovthe network for some reason too
i think i`ll have another look on the beyonwiz site thanks for your help
cheers Noel
yay epg has populated but log still says cannot download epg even after force update oh well i have the epg thanks again Dave
cheers Noel