Beyonwiz T3 - padding for timers

Started by Chuckles, September 17, 2014, 08:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuckles

Getting IceTV working on the Beyonwiz T3 is a good first step, but the current iteration doesn't support padding of timers to compensate for the vagaries of our broadcasters.

This lack of padding is quite painful at the moment with many show recordings missing their beginnings or endings.

I'm given to understand that this will require IceTV implementing some new functionality at the IceTV server end - when can we expect to see this?

Paul55

Is there any more information regarding this problem. Over at the Beyonwiz forum they seem to be blaming IceTV for the lack of padding. Is the problem caused by IceTV insisting that the T3 not apply its 'standard' padding to Ice timers or is the fault with the Beyonwiz? We ned to know who to pressure to get this fixed ASAP!
I think most users want consistent behaviour and processes over all their IceTV enabled PVRs - I certainly do. Now that IceTV is selling the T3, it is even harder to accept this failing.

Fester

I totally agree. At the moment I am using my Humax as my main recorder as the T3 is missing the end of most recorded programs. I believe IceTV are in the process of a fix, but it would be nice if they could give an indication when this may be.

slugahhh

Another thing that makes the padding problem even worse on the T3 is that when you send the recordings from Ice you can't even edit the recordings in the T3 timer screen. They always revert back to the original sent from Ice. I'm not using Ice at all on my T3 at the moment which is pretty annoying as I waited until Icetv was added to the T3 before I purchased.

grampus

Quote from: slugahhh on October 01, 2014, 12:24:17 AM
Another thing that makes the padding problem even worse on the T3 is that when you send the recordings from Ice you can't even edit the recordings in the T3 timer screen. They always revert back to the original sent from Ice. I'm not using Ice at all on my T3 at the moment which is pretty annoying as I waited until Icetv was added to the T3 before I purchased.

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

Thought I could live with this by altering the timer on the box after entry.
Thanks for the heads up.

Have to try and figure out an alternative.

I assume the only way is to delete all the timers for this box in the Ice server. 
Use FTA EPG and manually install timers at the T3.

Is there any gotcha's that I will trip up with.

One thing that was quite precious to me was the fact that the Ice server had the capability of altering a timer for you when the B'caster altered start/stop times.

Or have I completely missed the point?

BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Quote from: slugahhh on October 01, 2014, 12:24:17 AM
... you can't even edit the recordings in the T3 timer screen. They always revert back to the original sent from Ice. ...
That's the case on other IceTV devices, too. But they do what you tell them to do with padding.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Paul55

Quote from: prl on October 01, 2014, 02:32:39 PM
That's the case on other IceTV devices, too. But they do what you tell them to do with padding.

Are you sure Peter? I think my Toppy 2400 allows me to do this. i.e. extend a timer set by IceTV.

Paul55

For any of the mods:

Why no updated information about the padding problem with the T3? It would seem to be almost useless without padding - unless you only record ABC and SBS.

slugahhh

I have a DP-P2 2TB and a T3 and I have always been able to edit the timers sent from Ice on the wiz. Come to think of it I could also do the same on my Toppy TFR-2400.

prl

Quote from: Paul55 on October 01, 2014, 04:58:14 PM
Quote from: prl on October 01, 2014, 02:32:39 PM

Are you sure Peter? I think my Toppy 2400 allows me to do this. i.e. extend a timer set by IceTV.
I probably wrote with more assurance than was warranted :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

peteru

There is an update available to improve IceTV functionality, including client side padding.

Available now either as an online update or USB upgrade image.