Need channels from two regions

Started by petergms, August 31, 2014, 11:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petergms

We live in an area of Sydney (Castle Hill) where some channels are best received from Sydney transmission towers, and some channels are best received from Wollongong transmission towers.  Prior to using icetv (using the native Humax EPG), we were able to see program information on all these channels.  However, using the icetv EPG, we can not only see program information on Sydney channels, even though we can select the Wollongong channels.  We also, due to this, cannot record programs on Wollongong channels.

How can this be resolved?  How can we set icetv up for both Sydney and Wollongong channels?

-Peter

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi Peter

To get both Sydney and Wollongong channels simply set your region to Wollongong rather than Sydney. This region has been set up by us to contain both versions of the commercial channels: 7 and Prime, 9 and WIN, Ten and Southern Cross Ten etc.

You can either keep both versions or you can pick and choose the channels you want.

If you do the latter then do it both in your IceTV account (by disabling the channel) and on your PVR (by deleting the channel). If your account and your PVR have different channels listed it can create problems eg. trying to record on a channel that's not on your PVR.

Hope this helps.

Dave at IceTV

Peter, be aware that with channels from 2 regions enabled you may end up with some recordings of the same show on both the Sydney channels and the equivalent Wollongong channels (if they start 5 or more minutes apart) - which could cause another show to fail to record.

From the phone apps and website you can set a series to only record on a specific network so you can force it to record on, for example, Sydney's Ten network to avoid it also recording on Wollongong's SC10 network.

Unless you live in a known digital TV reception black spot, the ideal solution is to get an antenna installer to look at why your Sydney reception is not as good as it should be and improve it so that you don't need the Wollongong channels.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

petergms

Thanks Madeleine and Dave.  I will give this a try and will post my results here.  It might take a week or so as I'm quite time poor.  I assume that following your advice will results in all current scheduled recordings (notably, series recordings) being removed, so I will need to make a manual record of these and set them up again after resetting the channels.

Having said that, though, having to set up scheduled recordings on my phone rather than on the PVR's EPG would be very inconvenient.  For an explanantion of this, please see my (unanswered) post "Grouping programs by channel on the IceTV Guide" (http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php/topic,4357.0.html).  In short, on the app, I would like to see programs by channel on the vertical axis with times on the horizontal axis - just like the PVR's EPG, or http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/tv/.  Perhaps I'm missing something - is such a format already available?

-Peter