Humax 4tune (HMS-1000T)

Started by rockets, May 19, 2014, 04:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockets

Humax have announced a 4 tuner model called 4tune. Looks like a fantastic device. Does this device support IceTV like other Humaxs? Will ice be carrying 4tune in the shop?
Rockets
Beyonwiz T3, DP-P1
Denon 3312 - Bi-Amped Epos ELS 303 Floor Standers
Athena LSC50 Centre
Samsung UA50F5000 50" LCD
LibreELEC NUC

rockets

According to a Facebook post reply this device will be supporting IceTV confirmed by the user saying they had contacted IceTV. Can we get a forum confirmation please.  :)
Rockets
Beyonwiz T3, DP-P1
Denon 3312 - Bi-Amped Epos ELS 303 Floor Standers
Athena LSC50 Centre
Samsung UA50F5000 50" LCD
LibreELEC NUC

Fester

Looks good
http://www.humaxdigital.com/au/products/product.php?gid=494
If this has IceTV support might have to get one to replace my useless Topfield 2460!

Fester

Has on their Facebook page: "Australia's First 4 Integrated Tuner Media Server, 4tune, will be available at $649"

swamprat96

Let's hope they have more codecs and it's better at being a media center. At that price it would wanna be. I'm not holding my breath based on their performance to date

Doctor Whatuwant

Quote from: swamprat96 on May 29, 2014, 08:00:54 PM
At that price it would wanna be.

That's why it's called a 4tune....

swamprat96

Fester

Release date today, bit of a non event really! From their Facebook page they have released some to a few Harvey Norman stores in Victoria. Still no detailed specs, still no word if it will be IceTV compatible. Their website still says "launching soon". The replacement for my Toppy is looking more like the Beyonwiz T3!

michaeljp

Anyone pick up one of these? Would love to hear some feedback as there is limited info out there on features/UI/specs etc. I have one on order at HN in SA - they are saying 1-2 weeks  :(

I'm interested particularly in the UI/features for browsing NAS fileshares for watching video/movies

Fester

Quote from: michaeljp on June 06, 2014, 11:37:24 AM
there is limited info out there on features/UI/specs etc. I have one on order at HN in SA - they are saying 1-2 weeks  :(

I just cannot understand all the secrecy behind this product. I certainly would not be ordering one yet until I can be satisfied that it is suitable.
To get any info out of Humax is like getting blood from a stone! I find it ridiculous, I think I will be awaiting until others have bought it and report back,
it could be a load of rubbish!

swamprat96

Unless humax have done some serious changes this thing will be a 4 tuner version of the 7500. No smb no nfs just dlna for sharing/playback of media. The apps will be an extension of what was recently released.  Australia is too small a market for an all new product.  So another great free to air tuner recorder and a crap media server.

glenncol55

Quote from: Fester on May 29, 2014, 04:49:51 PM
Looks good
If this has IceTV support might have to get one to replace my useless Topfield 2460!

I was this person, when IceTv had the 4 year subscription sale on a couple of weeks, i know i was going to purchase the new Humax and asked IceTv if the new Humax was going to be Ice capable and said i would only get the subscription if it was, i was told point blank it would be 100% capable.

Humax was not answering the question but then i find out its not capable yet, NOT HAPPY, i rang Ice and wanted refund but they are working on Ice Capability now so i had my account suspended until its released so i am not wasting subscription time

glenncol55

Quote from: glenncol55 on June 07, 2014, 05:10:36 PM
Quote from: Fester on May 29, 2014, 04:49:51 PM
Looks good

I was this person, when IceTv had the 4 year subscription sale on a couple of weeks, i know i was going to purchase the new Humax and asked IceTv if the new Humax was going to be Ice capable and said i would only get the subscription if it was, i was told point blank it would be 100% capable.

Humax was not answering the question but then i find out its not capable yet, NOT HAPPY, i rang Ice and wanted refund but they are working on Ice Capability now so i had my account suspended until its released so i am not wasting subscription time

I have requested that Humax add Plex as this seems to be a great media player

nis200sx

I had a very short play with one of these and I was very impressed. Nice remote. Nice new features laid out logically in nice menus. The menus were similar to the current Humax style but still different enough to know you are using a different model.

Going by the Humax Australia website, the 4tune seems to support the 3 Humax smart phone apps, and has samba support - though it reads like you need to copy the files to the Humax HDD before it can play them (assuming it has codecs to support said files).

Humax PVRs have an unadvertised feature where you can set a different remote code for the remote control and PVR (with 6 codes to pick from) so you could have a 4tune, a 7500 and a 7510 all in the same room with each PVR's remote only controlling that PVR. Or setup a universal remote to operate all 3 PVRs independently.

One unconfirmed "feature" that I have heard about is that the 4tune cannot record more than 1 channel per tuner. So no recording ABC1 and ABC2 from 1 tuner, while recording 7, 9 and 10 from the other 3 tuners. I assume that you can record 4 channels and view a live sister channel of one of the 4 channels being recorded. This behaviour is the same as most PVRs, except the TMS toppies with recent firmware and the Beyonwiz T3 (which is still too new to comment on it's general reliability). I think Humax have done the right thing here as I would rather reliably record 4 channels at one time (as separate files each with padding) than unreliably try to record 5 or more shows (that are not all separate files) at one time.

If I was after a new family friendly PVR that can record any 4 channels at the same time I would jump on one of these... if IceTV support gets added. The other features, like well integrated VOD, Catchup TV, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc, plus the smart phone/tablet apps, just add to what should another solid PVR from Humax.

Edit: corrected some poor grammar
Dave

glenncol55

Quote from: nis200sx on June 08, 2014, 02:59:31 PM
Going by the Humax Australia website, the 4tune seems to support the 3 Humax smart phone apps, and has samba support - though it reads like you need to copy the files to the Humax HDD before it can play them (assuming it has codecs to support said files).
Can you confirm this the case, i will not be buying unless it can stream directly from my NAS

Supported formats are
• Video: MP4, VOB, AVI, ASF, MKV, MPEG-2TS
• Photo: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
• Music: MP3