Few issues coming out of standby

Started by Cashie, May 09, 2014, 07:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cashie

I picked up a 7500 earlier this week, each time it has come out of standby in the morning I've seen a different issue, first day no picture of sound (front panel was correct), second day no front panel display, today it was saying my hdmi couldn't display protected content.
A power cycle fixed it on all occasions.
Are these issues "normal" ?

swamprat96

No they are not. Is your firmware up to date?

Cashie

Yes, I updated the Firmware the day I first installed it (Tuesday).

Last night I disabled the "power saving in standby" function to see if this fixed the issue and this morning I had the HDMI message on screen saying I couldn't display protected content and to use SCART or component cables.
Power cycling the rear switch has fixed all issues.

Not a good start after moving over from a TiVo that just did what it did reliably...

swamprat96

Yeh that's what I'd have tried.  Mines 2 years old and never done anything like that. If it plays up again might be worth swapping it over

Cashie

I was hoping an exchange wasn't required, but I'll trial over the weekend and exchange it on Monday if it continues to mess around..

Cashie

Well today it looks like it has bitten the dust, coming out of standby I have the front panel indications but no picture or sound. Power cycle didn't fix it.
Looks like I'll have to return it.  :-[

swamprat96

It's so new that a quick direct swap would be a fair expectation

Cashie

Bit more info, had a bit of time to play with it yesterday, appeared only the HDMI had no picture/sound (composite worked), so I did a return to factory defaults and it is working again (for now).
I did note this morning when it came out of standby the front display wasn't working, just cycled power from the remote and it came good...
Still not very stable, looks like I need to try and exchange it...

swamprat96

so have you got it back yet? Curious to see if it was faulty

Cashie

Sorry, bit late getting back..
It's been an interesting few days.
Yes, I exchanged the unit and received a new one without issue. This unit didn't have the HDMI or display issue, worked faultlessly for 2 hours until the fan kicked in and sounded like it had no bearings...  :-[
I also exchanged this unit, I have just received the third unit, have trialed for two days, the fan is near silent, the HDMI seems to be ok, but this morning coming out of standby the display remained off (everything else worked), cycling power with the remote fixed it. It's only done it once out of about 6 restarts. I can live with this if this is the only issue.
Seems I've had a bit of the bad run on these..

swamprat96

I'd be curious to see if the display comes back after its on a while. But it does seem odd. I had this issue in early software versions. Having said that I have not paid a lot of attention to the display recently and I'll keep an eye on it. Does seem like QA needs more attention.
Btw what's the ventilation like around the unit.  They don't like being covered

Cashie

It's sitting on top of a tall boy in our bedroom, so optimum ventilation.

dcoggins

I have the same random lack of display problem - seems to be related to the last update. Coming out of standby is different to what it used to be - sometimes the splash screen appears, sometimes not. Sometimes there's a display, sometimes not. It all seems to be random. Every time there's an update, instead of improving the overall operation, they seem to introduce more problems.

After a variety of more serious issues, I'm ignoring the minor ones. I am just happy this thing keeps recording and playing back. (Touch wood!)

I couldn't recommend this unit ... acceptable hardware, crap software.

Cashie

Sadly, it's good to hear someone else has the same issue..  :-\

swamprat96

ah yes- I forgot I rolled the firmware back to the previous version- because DLNA is completely screwed in the latest. My display is fine on the older firmware