Have you tried the Humax remote from App store?

Started by jeffoz1, April 28, 2014, 05:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffoz1

I've always thought the Humax remote was difficult to use with the play and FF etc buttons being a bit small. Can do it all from my iPhone now with bigger buttons. Nice. Hadn't seen a review here before about it.

swamprat96

yep I tried it and it works ok. However I use a harmony remote to control all the devices. Also now there are apps out there that are similar to Harmony in that they can be set to control multiple devices simultaneously. IR blaster needed on your phone though

carlprowse

I have tried it and it works well. I haven't played with the latest version, but I was impressed with the  earlier version. We don't use the app however, because we too have a Logitec Harmony remote that controls everything.

Even without the Harmony, I am not sure I would use the app. It takes more time to pick up the iPhone/iPad, enter a security code, and run the app, than it does to pick up a conventional remote.

Another issue is that you cannot use the app to turn the Humax on. So, you need a conventional remote around anyway. Even if you turn the Humax on by other means, it takes some time before it starts to respond to the humax remote app.