Setting a series recording on SBS shows recordings on both SBS ONE and SBS HD

Started by prl, August 31, 2015, 05:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I set a series recording for The Treasures of Ancient Greece (ACT Guide, SBS ONE & SBS HD Wed 2 Sept 19:30), with "prefer sd".

The app display showed recordings on both SBS ONE and SBS HD. The Web page (correctly) showed a recording on only SBS ONE.

When I synced the app, it showed the correct single series recording on SBS ONE.

However, apart from this oddity, which I suspect is SBS-specific, setting recordings of the same program on different devices now (version 1.27) seems to work properly. Thanks! :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: prl on August 31, 2015, 05:10:36 PM
The app display showed recordings on both SBS ONE and SBS HD. The Web page (correctly) showed a recording on only SBS ONE.

When I synced the app, it showed the correct single series recording on SBS ONE.

However, apart from this oddity, which I suspect is SBS-specific, setting recordings of the same program on different devices now (version 1.27) seems to work properly. Thanks! :)

Is this a bug on the Android app that you hadn't noticed before 1.27 ?

Did the app show the same thing for that recording on both the T3 and P2?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 31, 2015, 08:18:34 PM
Quote from: prl on August 31, 2015, 05:10:36 PM

Is this a bug on the Android app that you hadn't noticed before 1.27 ?
Yes. But that doesn't mean it wasn't there. The first couple of times I tried to set the same recordings on multiple devices, it made such a mess of it I just gave up. The double recording on SBS problem could have easily been there and I just didn't notice it in the mess.

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 31, 2015, 08:18:34 PMDid the app show the same thing for that recording on both the T3 and P2?
T4 and P2. It certainly did on the T4. I can't recall for the P2, but I just re-tried it just for a recording on the P2 and I got recordings showing for both SBS ONE and SBS HD in the app on a single setting of an SBS series recording recording.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

tjcurnow

The double-marking has been an issue with the Android app for a while now; I'm not sure what version it started.  It's definitely a problem with SBS HD, in that both SBS HD and SBS ONE show up for a little while as recording.  I think it's actually a wider problem - when you tell it to record anything, the Android app itself puts little red circles next to EVERYTHING that is that program, including all the repeats later in the week, and that's how it shows in My Week (on the Android app itself, but not on the website).  When you come back next time, and the Android app has talked to master control, it's sorted itself out, but it's a little disconcerting in the meantime.

If you're interested in problems with the Android app, another one is that it believes everything is a series, so if you tell it to record something which is a one-off program, it still insists on recording it as a series.

Tim

prl

It sounds as though the app only has a small part of the logic it needs to correctly mark recordings it adds, and it depends on a sync with IceTV to get it right.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use