Humax 7510T & Folders

Started by Kakuyeq, April 12, 2014, 12:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakuyeq

Hi all

I have a Humax 7510T. Not overly happy with it, but at least it works (and I was able to sell my 6 year old TiVo for a PROFIT!)

When I first bought it, all recordings were put into folders based on the program name. It was great .. My Kitchen Rules for my wife was off in a folder and didn't have to bother me.

I have upgraded it's firmware to the latest version, and now all programs are just listed in reverse chronological order and are not put into the folders. I've been all through the menus but cannot find a "store in folders" option. Can anyone give me a hint please?

Thanks

Dave at IceTV

Sometimes the Humax PVRs can lose track of which shows are part of a series so it doesn't store them in their folders. It sounds like the process of updating the software has upset the apple cart.

If you only have a few series recordings you could try cancelling the series from "Manage Shows" on the website, then wait more than 30 minutes with the Humax turned on, and finally recreate your series recordings.

Though the only 100% reliable way to get the Humax to recognise future recordings of your shows as part of a series is to do a factory reset.  Doing a factory reset will not delete any of your recordings (unless you tick the "Format HDD" box while doing the factory reset).

To do a factory reset see the following (you can skip step "2. Upgrade the Firmware")
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/21690712-Recommended-Firmware-Update-Steps
cheers

Dave
Customer Service