Humax manual program scheduling vanishes.

Started by mafiand, March 31, 2014, 03:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mafiand

I would like to know if anyone else has this problem with their Humax with an Ice TV subscription. Due to Australian TV stations not being able to keep to any time schedule what-so-ever and for times when I wish to record more than one program in a row I sometimes like to use manual scheduling. However most times I do this it never records, even if done 30min before the start time. Another thing I notice is that once I have programmed a manual schedule and check it, there can be instances where if I check straight away it is in the upcoming schedule, yet if I check again in a few minutes the schedule is gone. I called Humax and they weren't very helpful at all and they said it was an IceTV issue. Does anyone else have this problem? If so it is pretty poor form for IceTV to delete your manual scheduling when you want to use it...

Also whilst I am at it does anyone's front display occasionally not work and stays blank when you turn the PVR on? It is very random and intermittent.

Thanks for your help!

swamprat96

Firstly what model Human do you have and what firmware version? My manual programming works fine on a hdr7500t on version 1.08.09.
What you describe sounds like early software on the humax

Dave at IceTV

Yes, it was a bug in a previous Humax software version that was fixed in recent software updates.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mafiand

Thanks for that. Sorry, I have the 7500t. I checked the system information and I have the latest firmware according to the Humax site (1.08.21 Feb 14) and the portal. This is frustrating and Humax just keep passing it on as not their problem but IceTVs. I don't think the display not working is an IceTV problem.......

Thanks again for the input.

swamprat96

Hmm. I don't know how long you've had the Humax but that display issue was fixed a long time ago. Manual programming definitely works- I do it all the time. Mind you I generally do it off the ICEtv guide- then adjust the end time. Try that?

I'd be performing a factory reset on the unit for the display - then I'd send it back if not fixed

mafiand

Thanks again. I got it about 4 months ago. I have done a factory reset so will see if anything changes! Thanks for the tip on fattening the time of the icetv guide.