Beyonwiz DP-P2 With 5 Years of IceTV

Started by Paul55, March 27, 2014, 10:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul55

I was just looking through the IceTV store page and noticed the Wiz P2s are now advertised with +5 Years Ice TV (worth $495).
As they already include 12 months, does this total 6 years?? If not, perhaps re-word the offer.
Regardless, it seems a good deal. Even if you could score Ice for $50 per year, it makes the price of the 500GB P2 about $170 (assuming 5 years). That's cheaper than a repack/reconditioned unit.
I'm also assuming this a proper IceTV subscription - not limited to a single device like the Humax lifetime deal.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Paul,

That offer that you stumbled across is an exclusive offer for Molkie's customers - http://molkstvtalk.com/ - until the 9th April while stocks last.
The 5 years IceTV is a regular multi-device subscription and replaces the regularly included 12 months IceTV.

PVRs with a bonus 12 months included will say so in 2 places: In capitols under the price and in red at the end of the features list. http://www.icetv.com.au/store/PVRs/
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Paul55

Not sure about 'stumbling'. From the IceTV home page, I selected store then PVR Recorders (is that like ATM Machines?).
Anyway, is the offer open to 'stumblers'?

Heinz

Yes, of course, our offer is open via the top banner at http://molkstvtalk.com/ or anyone interested!

bodogbodog

Heinz - thanks - sorely tempted - but that would take my IceTV sub out to 2021  :-[ :-[ :-[
The 2TB unit is very well priced
Of course the obvious question is how far away is the Icebox? - that's the competition
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Dalez

Is this a good thing? I rely on IceTV - I would be lost without it, but these long term discount offers worry me. Is IceTV trying to address a cash-flow problem? If so, then the long term looks really bad because many of the loyal users will have taken up these offers and there will be no revenue from them for many years! Or is business so good they can afford to make these offers? I hope it is the latter.

Paul55

Quote from: Dalez on June 23, 2014, 01:21:14 PM
Is IceTV trying to address a cash-flow problem? ...... Or is business so good they can afford to make these offers?

I assume this is a rhetorical question.

nis200sx

Is IceTV trying to... ? Or is business so... ?
Or was Beyonwiz clearing current model stock to make way for the new T3...
Dave

Dalez

Quote from: Paul55 on June 23, 2014, 02:29:57 PM
Quote from: Dalez on June 23, 2014, 01:21:14 PM
Is IceTV trying to address a cash-flow problem? ...... Or is business so good they can afford to make these offers?

I assume this is a rhetorical question.
Yes. I honestly don't expect them to disclose financial information, be it good or bad. Rather, I am a little surprised at the generosity of their offers lately.