Recording single instance of a weekly repeat + tuner control

Started by Archer_11, February 07, 2014, 03:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer_11

Hi Folks,

Loving Ice TV so far, about 18 months in and remain very happy. It makes FTA tolerable, no small feat.

I've searched and can't find a black and white answer, apologies in advance to the regulars who might be sick of these questions:

1. Is  there any way to record one repeat for a show for the week? For example, Mad As Hell screens next week Thursday evening and then twice the next day, at 1pm and 9pm. Is there any way to record just the 1pm repeat to help avoid a recording logjam, and not the 9pm repeat as well?

2. Occasionally I notice my Toppy 2400 will receive 3 or 4 timers, and a failure notice will issue for one or two of them (everyone's favourite yellow exclamation mark) even though 'compatible' timers exist, e.g. two shows on ABC, two on Channel Ten. It is as though the Toppy did not think to analyze which tuner was best to use, it just tried the first one, it fails, so the recording fails. Is there anything that can be done for this sort of behaviour? Appreciate this is a Toppy question but I was thinkign this would pretty much apply to all quad tuner products?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul55

Quote from: Archer_11 on February 07, 2014, 03:24:00 PM
1. Is  there any way to record one repeat for a show for the week? For example, Mad As Hell screens next week Thursday evening and then twice the next day,

When you "schedule a new recording" from the IceTV TV Guide by clicking on the program, select Series, your device, All Epidodes then click on Advance. From the 3rd drop down menu, select 1 per day.

This should achieve what you want for this show as you describe it.
Why would you want the same episode twice?

Archer_11

Thanks Paul I'll give it a go.

Just trying to record the 1pm repeat only.

Archer_11

Hey Paul55,

Sorry it's been a while so not sure if you'll see this.

Still stuck at step one for taping repeats...for various timeslots there is a clash but a repeat for one of the shows at another time that resolves the issue. But still not sure how I tape the repeat only? Using the setup you explain, you're still taping the first screening the day before, therefore still having the clash. I guess I'm missing something?