OK I'm over this new firmware- another DLNA bug

Started by swamprat96, March 15, 2014, 11:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamprat96

I've reported this to Humax. Yet another bug with 1.08.21

If you stream from another network device to the Humax - the humax starts using bucket loads of internet bandwidth. My kids who use the network all the time first noticed this when their videos on their pcs (ethernet and wifi) started stuttering while we streamed video to the humax. We've always done this and they have never noticed it prior to this firmware. Rolled back to 1.08.09 ( again- because no matter what I try the *&^%ing thing updates the firmware every night) and the problem is gone.

It has to be something to do with their  new web DLNA player. I'm over it- the humax is now disabled and I'm back to using my dumb "smart" TV until this is fixed. I just want a way to turn off auto updates. Even apple allows this and they put out equally shitty firmware updates. I've gone back as far as 1.08.04 and I just cant stop the updates.  >:(.

UPDATE: I've gone back to a really early version - switched off the regular update after a factory reset- then upgraded to 1.08.09. I'll know tomorrow if this worked.

swamprat96

Yep it finally did not update. The Humax is now usable again.  1.7 I think did the trick. I'm now on 1.08.09 and staying there

tgilbert

When you say "stream from another network device to the Humax", do you mean telling the other device to stream a file (so the Humax is passive recipient)? Or do you mean selecting a file from a remote media server and playing it? I do the latter and have had no similar issues. No reason why the Humax should be using internet bandwidth, but it will certainly use wireless bandwidth inside your home network when playing remote files.

swamprat96

the humax is passive- receiving files from a DLNA server (Tversity). Again we tested it by using another device on the network viewing the same youtube file for each test. On the new firmware youtube stuttered and failed- on the old firmware no problem.

On the new firmware - stopped streaming (via ethernet) no problem- start streaming problem returns. Again rolling back fixed it

I'm fairly sure its to do with the new remote media app. That was not supported last version

craigl

Has anyone else had trouble with the Ethernet port on their machines... I haven't been able to get it working either through DHCP or manual settings.  On DHCP it doesn't even seem to be sending out an ICMP broadcast asking for an IP address.  After updating to the latest firmware, my Humax wifi dongle causes constant reboots so I have no network connectivity at all!
I have a number of other devices with full network connectivity on the same switch.  I've tried different ports.  Will try a different cable although this cable was working with the now dead beyonwiz I just replaced.

Thanks in advance.

swamprat96

I had no issues on the new firmware with the ethernet port.