Beyonwiz T3

Started by Paul55, March 14, 2014, 05:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul55

Wow!! Triple tuner Beyonwiz (optional 4th tuner) with up to 4TB HDD.

But..............

Is it IceTV enabled?? Or is this the new IceCube?? Please tell me it will be part of the IceTV stable.

bodogbodog

More info @ http://shop.beyonwiz.com.au/ on the Beyonwiz site including specs for the soon to be released T3

It looks interesting but not sure about the price

I couldn't see any reference to IceTV being supported - anyone know if it will be?

C'mon IceTV - when will we see your new unit? - I don't want another Wiz...
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

snuke

There are mixed bits of feedback. One I got from them in my question about ICE is this " Ice TV is not integrated at the moment but it is possible, we will be talking to IceTV very soon."

The other from a few Beta testers is that it is up to ICE to make it work as the T3 is fully open source.
I think the former is more accurate. They know that ICE is very important to Wiz buyers. There has been a very loud statement from many members that No ICE = No Purchase.
I expect both companies to work together to make it work. New blood into PVRs is long overdue and welcome by all parties.

I haven't been on these forums in a long time, what is this new ICE unit you're referring to?

Heinz

Hello Everyone!

Allow me to cast a little light on the Beyonwiz T3, plus IceTV's activities wrt several hardware and software platforms.

We're meeting with Digital Trading Co re the T3 this Wednesday to get a landing on how we can accelerate IceTV integration. The question isn't "if" but "when"! We can't give you a timeframe but we can say that Beyonwiz and IceTV both want to go ahead.

Let me nip in the bud an emerging rumour about an alleged link between the T3 and IceTV's own PVR. From the CEO of IceTV (= me) let it be known that any such rumour is unfounded. As much as we like the T3, our own baby has a bit of unique magic of its own. Our internal project name is "IceCube" (which won't be its product name when it will be released). But because IceCube won't be ready for sale much before Christmas, we've been pushing into more recent branded platforms, giving you a choice of platform.

In addition to the T3, therefore, we're progressing with Topfield on an accelerated integration with their more recent models. We've read with great interest several contributions from you on this Forum and rest assured, we're discussing this with the new Topfield management already. We have a technically strong user base at IceTV and we know that we'll be making well-informed decisions when we listen to your ideas.

Some of you have asked for an integrated PVR/Blu-ray box. So let me share with you that Strong is working with us on integrating their 6500 with IceTV. This will provide a price-aggressive alternative to any branded combo PVR in the Australian market -- with IceTV as its irresistible companion!

And if you want a PVR for no more than $250 then wait till we're done with the DX480 integration (about June). Or fancy equipping your NAS drive with a few USB tuners and using IceTV with DVBLink Version 5 (about July)? IceTV has always been about giving consumers their choice of hardware platform.

But IceTV isn't just about scaleable PVR platforms, i.e. a platform for every wallet size. We're also about providing better remote recording software than what we've seen from TiVo in Australia, but with TiVo-esque user interface and functionality -- or in other words, making smart recording smarter and sexier than what TiVo has delivered in Australia. So IceTV has always been about the power of an app on a latest-generation smartphone or tablet. For the last 12 months we've been working on the IceTV app and it's now packed with the upgrades you've been requesting:

- Images and previews now available
- All regions in Australia are now supported
- A new, intuitive user interface and easier setup
- Several recommendations services: coming soon, most popular and our editorial "Ice Picks" (and our themed "Collections" will be available in two weeks)
- A Windows Phone version to be released in April on the Windows Phone Store
- "On Air" is one of Europe's most popular TV apps with 1.5 million downloads. It now supports IceTV's remote recording features for paid subscribers and free trial users. This provides an alternative user experience to all our valued IceTV customers. Just pick and choose your preferred app for use with IceTV!

Here at IceTV, we listen and we give you choice. And if you go to our online store at https://www.icetv.com.au/store you'll find the most price aggressive bundles of hardware and IceTV subscriptions anywhere on the web. There are just no less expensive bundles anywhere!

Hoping that I've been able to answer some questions.

Regards & success,
Heinz

Paul55

Thanks Heinz.
Great update with plenty of specifics to go along with the warm fuzzies.

oster

OK - that just quadrupled the chances of me putting in an order for the T3 and rnewing my IcetV subscritpion. Thankyou.

Paul55

Quote from: Heinz on March 17, 2014, 04:49:27 PM
- "On Air" is one of Europe's most popular TV apps with 1.5 million downloads. It now supports IceTV's remote recording features for paid subscribers and free trial users. This provides an alternative user experience to all our valued IceTV customers. Just pick and choose your preferred app for use with IceTV!

Oh dear! That app only seems to apply to iStuff. Hope you aren't leaving Android users out of the loop. Especially considering.....

Here at IceTV, we listen and we give you choice.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Paul,

It is definitely in the Google Play store as well, it is called "TV Guide Australia - ON AIR" in the store (it's about 7th on the list when searching for 'onair').

We currently have it running on a Nexus 4 and a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 here in the office.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Paul55

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on March 18, 2014, 09:31:40 AM
It is definitely in the Google Play store as well, it is called "TV Guide Australia - ON AIR" in the store (it's about 7th on the list when searching for 'onair').

Thanks, found it now - was using wrong search.
However, once installed, it won't let me log into my IceTV account - get a message saying something like Username Already Exists

Paul55

Got an unexpected call from Jay at IceTV support about my previous post - needed to use my email address instead of User Name.

All working now - great customer support IceTV!!

Mantorok

Any further updates on when we can expect IceTV support on the new T3? Even a ballpark estimate would be good

Regards
Mantorok

Garyvx

Yep, I would like an update on how the talks went as well.

Regards Gary

Heinz

Following 5 weeks of negotiations with Beyonwiz, we could not agree on acceptable commercial terms for the integration of IceTV with the Beyonwiz T3.

There are now three options for Beyonwiz fans:

1) Express your views to Beyonwiz at http://www.digitaltradingco.com.au/dpg_contact.asp
2) Consider alternative brands, such as Topfield, Strong, Humax, Elgato and DVBLink, who are committed to integrating IceTV on their new products.
3) Treat yourself to an IceTV PVR in October from our online store or in November from the top Australian retailers. It won't cost you much to enjoy becoming part of a PVR revolution with the IceTV PVR! Our own PVR will be the first to market with some features that are setting the pace in Australia -- 4 tuners, prepaid IceTV, sleek new IceTV interface which is integrated across our PVR's remote control/tablet/mobiles and a killer feature that we won't announce until closer to the release date. Seriously cool and different! We are well underway and you will want IceTV if you are looking for a way to enjoy HbbTV/Freeview+ with your existing TV set at some point in the near future.

We remain committed to Beyonwiz' current models and continue to market them on our online store. Our IceTV interface continues to be open to every PVR brand represented in Australia, including Beyonwiz. However, it is the vendor's choice to take up that integration offer.

snuke

Very disappointing to hear, this is not good for either party.

RogerTF1

I don't know who was being pig headed in the negotiation - but the upshot of this news is I have cancelled my preordered T3.  It had such potential but  I don't want to use two different solutions for recording things - and IceTV just works.