New Software - Feb 2014

Started by Dave at IceTV, February 21, 2014, 02:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

Humax have released new software (firmware) for the Australian Digital TV PVR models (HDR-7500T, HDR-7500T/V and the lesser spec'd Harvey Norman model: HDR-7510T).

The big change for 7500 owners is increased padding choices (which eliminates the only benefit that the 7510 previously had over the 7500).

Check your Humax PVR's current software version

To check whether your Humax PVR already has the latest software installed:

• Go to 'Menu > Settings > System > System Information'
  • Check if the software version number is 1.08.21

Update your Humax PVR's software to the latest version

To update your Humax follow the simple steps outlined here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20414081-How-do-I-upgrade-the-firmware-of-the-Humax

What's changed?

See your model below for a list of what's changed.

HDR-7500T (Feb. 2014) Version 1.08.21

New Features and Fixed Problems
• New RCU Mobile App Launched
• Improved Youtube App
• Universal RCU Message Popup
• Added More Padding Time Options

HDR-7500T/V (Feb. 2014) Version 1.08.21

• Improved Youtube App
• Added More Padding Time Options

HDR-7510T (Feb. 2014) Version 1.08.21

• Improved Youtube App
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

johnb

Hi Dave,
Great news about the additional padding options.

The other issue which continues to be a nuisance is what is described under the Humax Handy Hints page as "Avoid Recording Repeats". It is a pain when you set a Series Recording via the (ICETV) EPG and then have to go into the website to switch the option back to "First Runs Only". This needs to be the default. Not sure if it's a Humax or an IceTV problem (clearly it is a "handshaking" issue between the two parties).

Cheers,
John

Dave at IceTV

I'd like to see the Humax default to "First runs only" if you set a series recording on a new episode, and default to "All episodes" if you set a series recording on a repeat episode.

And changes to the choices when pressing record on a show in the guide. Something like:

• Record the series (new eps)
  • Record the series (all eps)
  • Record the program
  • Reminder
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

johnb

Dave - that makes perfect sense. Most of our recording is for new series, hence my initial comment.

Cheers,
John

carlprowse

Thanks for the heads-up Dave.

What is RCU?

Whats this about a mobile app?

Forever updating

Carl

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

The "Humax Live TV" app does not work with the HDR-7500/7510T PVRs.

Only the RCU (remote control) app supports the HDR-7500/7510T Humax PVRs. This uses your phone as a remote control for your Humax PVR.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

Same results here. On the same network.  Humax is 10.1.1.31. Phone is 10.1.1.36. No joy

carlprowse

We have the 7500T.
I have downloaded the three apps onto an iPad 4

The Remote app seems to work well, so that is a plus.

The Media Player does provide access to the recorded video on the Humax. You can download a show, though it can take ages, and then I assume watch it on the iPad. At first glance I have not found a way to stream a show. Not much use. As an alternative, I have used an app named 8Player to stream shows from the Humax. It seems to work well.

The LiveTV app does not even find the Humax

So a mixed bag, but there is promise for the future, assuming Humax intend to add support for our aussie Humax models.

swamprat96

Streaming DLNA no longer displays the track information. It displays the first track shown only- then does not chnage as the track does. Particularly annoying when playing music as all music is shown as the same track

Bad enough that I'm reverting back.

swamprat96

Old software  not available- how do I roll back? -got it from dave- thanks Dave

swamprat96

Rolled back to 1.08.09 and the DLNA bug is gone. Looks like when they introduced the dlna app they broke the DLNA code on the humax. All working fine on the older version. I've turned off auto software updates now. I've also reported it to Humax australia

Fester

Was not a good update for me, was getting continuous reboot loop. Narrowed it down to the wireless dongle, removed it and the rebooting stopped. Luckily I had a spare Asus wifi to LAN adapter and that works fine.