Bug 1.08.21- DLNA

Started by swamprat96, March 02, 2014, 02:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamprat96

If you use DLNA streaming to the Humax you may want to hold off updating
1. DLNA listing is broken- try browsing a directory not on the humax- it stutters and returns to the top. Most noticeable with music where the mp3 track details are displayed
2. The track details displayed will not change from the first track played. IE select a folder of music tracks - set it on shuffle play. Displays the first track selected for all tracks

Doctor Whatuwant

Ummm, how do I roll back to the previous version?

Even if I had it on a USB wouldn't the system reject it because there is a newer version installed? Pretty disappointing for a multinational to perform like this. As a sponsor Dave must sometimes want to scream.

Doc.

swamprat96

Turn regular updates to off under installation. Then contact ice tv for 1 08.09. It's very simple to roll back.  Copy the file to usb. Turn the humax off at the switch at the back. Plug the usb in and turn on tapping the front switch until it displays p001 2 etc. Then let it go

swamprat96

*&^%$!!

Forget that- my unit keeps downloading the latest firmware overnight- that setting does not work. How do I stop this thing from updating automatically

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: swamprat96 on March 04, 2014, 08:52:52 AM
my unit keeps downloading the latest firmware overnight- that setting does not work. How do I stop this thing from updating automatically
Mine has never updated automatically. Though I've never turned that option on. You may need to do a factory reset (with the older firmware installed) to get it to obey the setting. Or have your network turn off before 3am each morning.

The ability to auto update was only added recently. Prior to that the auto update didn't work in Oz.

The good news is that Humax are aware of and investigating the DLNA issue in 1.08.21.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Doctor Whatuwant

How is the 'manual update' supposed to work? When you select it the unit starts doing a channel scan, according to the manual it is searching for software?

Doc.

swamprat96

It doesn't work in Australia. Os only

tgilbert

I find the stuttering problem is usually when the Humax is having trouble reading the remote folder, usually because of the number of files/folders there. Try setting up a small test folder and sharing it with the Humax. See if it still happens. It may be network issues.

swamprat96

no tried all that. Made a small directory and same issue. Plus I had been using this without the issue before the latest firmware