Channel 9 has a primetime show they don't want you to watch

Started by Paul55, February 06, 2014, 07:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul55

Last nights's double episode of Sherlock (Season premiere) started nearly 50 minutes late - following the Australian made 'reality' TV drivel "The Block - Fuc*wits and Fools.
I can only assume Channel Nine don't want any viewers with an iota of discrimination to watch the Sherlock series.

prl

That equals a previous record set by a Big Brother final back when Gretel Killeen hosted it.

They've got to make sure the really important high quality shows get their proper airing.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Paul55

I rang channel 9 and they don't intend to repeat the episode for those who missed it. I was delighted to read that The Block rated very poorly - hopefully they'll axe this garbage show sooner rather than later.

I've downloaded the Sherlock episode now, along with the next few episodes - NO ADVERTS!!

prl

We've only just watched our recording of the double-episode season premiere of Sherlock (recorded from WIN Canberra). It only started about 5 minutes past the scheduled start time, even though it followed The Block. It was easily accommodated by our 5min pre- and 25 min post-padding. Even got the trailer for next week's episode with plenty of room to spare.

I'm not sure why there would be so much scheduling difference between Nine and WIN.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

I didn't really notice how much of the Block was at the beginning (in Melbourne) as I just quickly zapped that, but my padding must have been adequate, because I didn't miss any of the end  :D
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanL-S

I have 30 minutes post padding and got all the program. However it is possible I manually increased the recording time as those responsible for making these so-called reality programs delight in misreporting the length. And when it is live they are so incompetent they can keep to their own schedule. Both types of behaviour are, I believe, both unethical and unprofessional.

Is it possible that IceTV updated the start time at the last minute and some users missed out?

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

Sherlock has been starting 15 to 20 mins late but this has been accommodated in our guide.

I've just checked the Wednesday 5 February schedule. Sherlock was advertised for 8.30 pm, scheduled in our guide for 8.45 pm and started closer to 8.50 pm. Ditto last Thursday when it was advertised for 9 pm, scheduled in our guide for 9.15 pm and started closer to 9.20 pm.

Sherlock starts at the same time on Nine and regional affiliates like WIN and NBN so the half hour discrepancy one person experienced is a bit of a mystery ...

Thanks

Paul55

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on February 18, 2014, 09:52:29 AM
the half hour discrepancy one person experienced is a bit of a mystery ...

I was the 'one person'. The Sherlock timer was scheduled via IceTV (as are almost all my timers) and was checked on the IceTV 'My Week' page as a solid red series recording on the Sunday preceding the broadcast. As you say, a bit of a mystery, hasn't happened to me before.
No real issue as I now have the series downloaded and don't have to deal with the networks' shenanigans.

prl

I wonder whether it was a late EPG/timer update from IceTV that paull55 missed, but the rest of us got?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Quote from: prl on February 19, 2014, 01:30:15 PM
I wonder whether it was a late EPG/timer update from IceTV that paull55 missed, but the rest of us got?
Couldn't have been very late, as I usually download the timers at 4pm
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,