Data usage

Started by vk6tva, January 13, 2014, 04:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vk6tva

I have a Humax HDR7500T/1TB and is connected to wifi, when the unit is on standby (Orange Circle Light) on the power switch, my usage is 1MB every 5 seconds, I used up nearly 1 Gb data in 2 days. The humax is the only thing connected to the Pocket Wifi and I can check what devices are in use and it only shows the humax. When does the humax use Data excluding the TV downloads like iView, OnDemand SBS etc. does iceTV ping the server every 5 seconds...
I am running 10809 version firmware.

prl

PVRs usually connect to the IceTV servers once every 15-30min.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Hi Mel,

Humax PVRs can use a lot of MB per day if they are unable to receive the guide download, so that they keep trying every minute. This can be caused by the network connection between the Humax and your router or your Internet connection. Your Humax has only successfully downloaded the guide 4 times in the last 7 days.

Check if you can open the Humax TV Portal, then try playing a YouTube or iView video. This will show you if the Humax can download from the Internet without issues or not.

I notice that you have 2 active accounts. One with your Humax and a Humax lifetime subscription and 4 series recordings, and a 2nd account with just an Android phone and a 'Humax lifetime subscription' and only 4 series recordings.

As your 60 series recordings are in the 2nd account you should change the Member ID on the Humax to be your email address.  This will move the Humax to the 2nd account.

You should then change the email address on the 1st account to prevent the phone app connecting to the wrong account in future -  or we can do it for you. 
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Cashie

I'm looking at the purchase of a Humax  HDR7500T, I am on 3G internet at home and this thread concerns me.
How much data will this thing use?

swamprat96

If you have a stable connection it will use very little. But  network issues will cause problems. Personally I think WiFi is not suitable for this device if you are going to use streaming. Its fine if you are not though- but it must be stable.

I use ethernet over power for mine- rock solid

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Cashie on May 06, 2014, 11:58:36 PM
I'm looking at the purchase of a Humax  HDR7500T, I am on 3G internet at home and this thread concerns me.
How much data will this thing use?
Depending on the "Power Saving in Standby" setting, the worse case scenario could be 70MB per day. Normally it would be around 3MB for each hour that is fully turned on.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

david.e.manning@gmail.com

My Humax is using 60-90mb per day on standby. My wifi connection is solid. I have Power Saving in Standby set to ON. Are you saying that changing this to OFF will cut the usage to 3mb per day?

I had an issue in the past where I had to re-enter my Ice Tv subscription almost each time I powered up the Humax and the advice was to change the Power Saving in Standby setting.

What is the latest on this?