Start record in during broadcast

Started by chaosboi, January 09, 2014, 11:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosboi

New to this box and hoping it can do the follow.

With our (now returned) foxtel IQ box, if you were in the middle of a TV show and decided to record it half way through, the box would record from the start of the show, so you would end up with the full show.

With the Humax, when we are halfway through a show and decidd to record, it only records from the moment you press the record button, and not from the start of the show.

(This is all assuming you were watching the show from the start)

Am I missing something, or a short falling of this box?

dcoggins

I use the rewind feature to return to the start of the show then press record. Usually works.

Derwan

Quote from: chaosboi on January 09, 2014, 11:25:58 PM
New to this box and hoping it can do the follow.

Am I missing something, or a short falling of this box?

I am also new to the Humax and find this a short-falling.  Yes - we can use live pause/rewind to go back to the start, then hit the record to record it from there - but that's a tedious process.

If I want to record a show that's on now, it's usually because I have to go somewhere (right now) but I want to record it so I can watch it (from the start) later.

dcoggins

I agree, it's a pain in the bum, but it's the only way according to the manual. My old clunky Toppy could manage to handle that function OK.

It's all in the firmware - unfortunately no PVR has got it 100% right yet. You'd think by this time someone could manage to write some decent code which did what users wanted, without freezing or locking up.

Maybe they should make it open source so some expert could do it properly? Or maybe the new IceTV PVR with get it right?

Cheers

Dave

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Derwan on January 15, 2014, 09:30:04 PM
Yes - we can use live pause/rewind to go back to the start, then hit the record to record it from there - but that's a tedious process.
Hi Derwin,

No need to use rewind and wait for it to rewind to the start. Just 'press and hold' the < button, next to the OK button. It will jump to the start within a second. Once press jumps 30 seconds. If you hold the button it repeatedly jumps 30sec faster and faster (and jumps "extremely" fast within a second of holding it).

Note: If you have not jumped back a bit or rewound a bit already you may have to press the |<< button first, and then you can use the < button. Even so,  pressing |<< once then holding < will get you to start much faster than rewinding.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

dcoggins

Thanks for that trick Dave - it's an interesting one, I'll have to try it. I suppose it's in some obscure place in the manual - I'll have to read it more carefully.

David