Drop Down lists not working properly

Started by bhutch, January 17, 2014, 10:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhutch

For the last two days the drop-down sliders for Genre and Time/Channel on the TV Guide page have stopped working. These are the only ones that I use on a regular basis but I suspect others are also not working. To use them now one has to cursor down to the option required.

prl

They all seem to work for me (ACT Guide, Firefox 26.0, OS X 10.9.1).

In what way do they fail to work for you, and in what setup?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: bhutch on January 17, 2014, 10:33:03 AM
For the last two days the drop-down sliders for Genre and Time/Channel on the TV Guide page have stopped working.
What browser are you using?

Try doing a forced refresh by pressing Ctrl and F5 together. or clear the browser's cache.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

bhutch

Ok, a bit further information. The problem is that it is not possible to move the slider that appears when you mouse click on the drop down box, for example, genre. I can only choose a genre by down arrowing with the keyboard past the bottom of page 1 (crime) to get to movies on page 3.

My browser is Chrome v 32.0.1700.76 and doing a forced refresh does not fix the problem. However the problem does not appear with recent versions of Firefox or Internet Explorer. I have been using Chrome for years now without issue - something has changed.

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

bhutch

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The drop down lists on the TV Guide pages have not changed in quite a while.

My current browser is Chrome as well running version 32.0.1700.76

The drop downs are working fine in this version, even in incognito mode so having all plugins disabled and the drop downs worked fine.

It could be a Chrome update however as version 32.0.1700.76 was only released about 5 days ago or so, it's one of the 'interesting' things about Chrome that it will silently update in the background and you won't even realize that it has been updated to the latest version. This was also a big update for Chrome with extra support for Windows 8.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Dave at IceTV

I noticed that something in Chrome had changed a few days ago when the Google search results started having a larger bold font for the links.

I am seeing issues with drop-down lists on other sites. My work around is to use the mouse wheel to scroll down the lists.

If I open those sites in IE9 the drop-down lists scroll as expected. i.e. I can grab the scroll-bar and drag it down.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

bhutch

Thanks for the replies.

Similar reports about slide bars not working are appearing on google forums! The mouse wheel suggestion will have to apply until there is a fix.

bhutch

Problem has been fixed with the latest version of Chrome 32.0.1700.102