SBS HD won't record

Started by eafywan, November 12, 2013, 02:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eafywan

I have an issue where any program I select from the guide to record that is on SBS HD comes back with a failed to record issue. I can record these programs on SBS One but won't work on the HD channel. Has anyone else encountered this?

Dave at IceTV

Can you give any examples of the programs?

Currently SBS HD simulcasts SBS2 on Fridays, so if you have a an SBS series set to "High def. only" that show won't record on Fridays.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

eafywan

Hi Dave
One recently that we have tried is Richard Hammonds miracles of nature - on wed night at 7:30. There have been others but this is the most recent.

eafywan

I have also since noticed that the EPG doesn't work for this channel either. If I switch to LCN 30, the channel works ok but there is no EPG for the channel and no info for the show currently playing. No big deal I guess, we can stick to SBS One but it would be nice to get some programs in HD, particularly documentaries.

prl

Hi, eafywan. Do you have the right region selected for IceTV, and does it have the right LCN(s) set for SBS HD under SEND LCN TO PVR? (In IceTV Web My Account>TV Guide). Though I think SBS always has SBS HD on LCN 30.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

eafywan

Hi Peter, yes I have it set to Qld Regional as I am located in Toowoomba. I also have LCN 30 selected for SBS HD which I can view ok but just wont show EPG or record for this channel. Its the only channel that does this, thankfully we dont watch a lot of SBS!!

Dave at IceTV

Check if the recorder has duplicate channels (from the Toowoomba, Toowoomba East or Toowoomba South transmitters) . There could be two, or three, SBS HDs all on channel 30, or the extra SBS HD could be on a channel above 350 or 1000. Ideally there should not be any channels with numbers higher than 99.

If there are no channels above 99, and no duplicate channels, try deleting channel 30 then doing a manual channel search for SBS' DVBT network channel or frequency. Depending on your recorder you can often see the frequency and/or DVBT network channel from the service list (press OK or LIST while viewing SBS). Some PVRs then requiring pressing the ( i ) or Info button to see the channel information.

The SBS DVBT channel number will be 67 (802.500 Mhz). Or DVBT channel number 46 or 40 (frequencies 655.500 and 613.500 Mhz) after the re-stacking.

Toowoomba, Toowoomba East and Toowoomba South all broadcast SBS on network channel 67 until they get re-stacked (which may have happened already... and may be the cause of your problem).

After the re-stacking SBS will be on network channel 46 from Toowoomba, and 40 from both Toowoomba East and Toowoomba South.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

eafywan

Thanks Dave, I have now sorted this by deleting the SBS channels and re-adding them. All good now.