SBS HD not recording of late

Started by ak, November 20, 2013, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak

I am in Adelaide and have a regularly scheduled recording for the World News Tonight.  The recordings haven't been working for about 3 weeks now - the show appears on the Recording Schedule but sometimes doesn't appear on the Recorded Programs and sometimes does but has no content - just says 'no signal'.

I have retuned the PVR (Topfield 7100HD Plus) and have multiple SBS HD channels (?), all on Ch30.  Some of them have 'no signal' if I select them through the PVR. 

On the IceTv website SBS HD points to Ch30.  Region is Adelaide.

Do I need to somehow delete some of these multiple Ch30's?

IanL-S

Multiple versions of the same LCN will cause problems you are seeing. Your Toppy has picked up multiple channels broadcasting the SBS signal. You only need one. Work out which channel has the best signal and delete the LCNs (logical channel numbers) for the others. The channel number can be found by pressing OK button while watching Live TV, for each LCN it will show at the bottom the channel number. Alternatively, you could try deleting all services (there is an option to do this under installation), then do a new scan. Get IceTV to resend all timers then set up IceTV on the Toppy. Hopefully after the new scan there should only be on SBS channel found.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

There are four SBS transmitters that serve the greater Adelaide area: Mt Lofty (broadcast channel 33), Grenfell St, City (ch 61), Elizabeth South (ch 61) and Craigmore/Hillbank (ch 31). They would all have SBS HD on the same LCN (30).

SBS broadcasts from Mt Lofty at four times the power of any of the other broadcasters (200kW vs 50kW), that may be behind the fact that you only see this problem on SBS. I don't know why the other SBS services (SBS1, etc) aren't similarly affected.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing