Guide UI more like the AP - possible?

Started by dddp, March 25, 2014, 07:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dddp

If you check the web guide, and you have more than one device, you have to toggle each device to see what's going to be recorded that day. Same goes if you check My Week, you have to toggle seach device to see which one has what on it.

However, in the AP, it shows you what you have programmed without having to toggle between devices to see what's programmed in that day. Same in My Week, it shows both devices.

Would it be possible to have the web guide display like this as well? ie, without having to toggle between devices

Perhaps, it could also have a small icon or text saying which device a show is going to be recorded on near the other icons like series recording or favorites. On the web guide there's a lot more room to have an icon or text to indicate which device is going to record that show. Alternatively, which device it's going to be recorded on could perhaps be displayed in the pop up box that appears when you hover your mouse over that show title. Last resort is to have to click on that show to see which device is going to record that show

My suggestion is to make it simpler to see what's going to be recorded that day on all your devices on the one display without the need to toggle views to see each device
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: dddp on March 25, 2014, 07:09:04 PM
Would it be possible to have the web guide display like this as well? ie, without having to toggle between devices

Perhaps, it could also have a small icon or text saying which device a show is going to be recorded on...
You mean like in "Manage Shows"?

"Manage Shows" on the app displays the device name next to each series recording, as does "Manage Shows" on the website if you select "All" as the device.
http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/myshows
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

dddp

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on March 26, 2014, 07:48:48 PM
Quote from: dddp on March 25, 2014, 07:09:04 PM

Perhaps, it could also have a small icon or text saying which device a show is going to be recorded on...
You mean like in "Manage Shows"?

"Manage Shows" on the app displays the device name next to each series recording, as does "Manage Shows" on the website if you select "All" as the device.

Hi Dave and thanks for your reply.

If, in the web guide view http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/ there was an option to select "All" as well as each individual device as it is at present, then the web guide would display programmed recordings for all devices in the one view option, ie the guide view.

As it is at present, to see what you have programmed tonight in the web guide view (as far as I'm aware, the only view that shows today's TV guide) you have to toggle between devices to see what each device is programmed for. While the "Manage Shows" view shows you what shows you have programmed, it doesn't show when those shows are programmed to record

Perhaps I can try to clarify what I mean by saying please have the option to show "All" devices in the one view rather than having to toggle, or choose, each device individually to see what is programmed for each device. By the "one view" term I mean either today's guide view or my week view

To expand on my idea more, if in "My Week" view http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/myupcomingshows there could also be an option to show "All" as well as, or even instead of, each individual device, then all shows for all devices would display in the one viewing.

If you view the guide in the Ap, it displays all shows for all devices that are programmed for today (or whatever day you choose) in the guide view. If the web guide did the same, it would be better than how the web guide displays today's programmed shows now having to toggle between devices to see what's going on on which device .
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

dddp

i guess my explanation of what i meant didn't work
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1

Dave

Dave,
I have the same issue with "My Week".  There is no "All" devices option.  Just the individual devices that you have.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

IanL-S

I also cannot see an "All"; just lists the authorised devices.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

dddp

Quote from: Dave on April 02, 2014, 01:35:52 PM
Dave,
I have the same issue with "My Week".  There is no "All" devices option.  Just the individual devices that you have.
Dave.

yes - that's the point exactly. There's is no option to choose "All" devices in this view

Quote from: dddp on March 27, 2014, 10:36:15 AM

If, in the web guide view http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/ there was an option to select "All" as well as each individual device as it is at present, then the web guide would display programmed recordings for all devices in the one view option, ie the guide view.

[/quote]

the ability to display All Devices in the one view option rather than having to select each device individually (and then try to remember what the other devices are recording in their own view) is far better than having to toggle between devices (as it is now) to see what's programmed for each device individually

the ap, either apple or android, both show all devices (without even having to toggle between devices to see them) on the one page (or view option)
Two Wizzs, a P2 and a P1