Red dots turn to red donuts

Started by eafywan, November 13, 2013, 01:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjcurnow

(Sorry for hijacking the thread, but since Dave asked here ...)

Hi Dave, I've definitely got the most up-to-date firmware on the Humax - I updated about a week ago in case that was affecting iView (before I knew it was a problem at the ABC end).  Hopefully the previous problem with the Humax hasn't returned with the latest firmware; I'm afraid I was in too much of a hurry on Wednesday to get everything sorted out to write down exactly what happened as I went, so I'll just cross my fingers it doesn't happen again.

(For what it's worth, my recollection is that on Wed morning I received the suddenly generated timer failure for SHIELD that had previously been fine, went and looked on the Humax because I couldn't work out why there'd be a failure, and the Humax still had the Wednesday night shows on it but with no red dots of any sort in the schedule list beside SHIELD.  I deleted SHIELD in Ice website and resent, but the show didn't go away from the Humax.  I manually deleted all of Wednesday night on the Humax, rescheduled SHIELD in Ice website, and resent everything.  Then it was all OK.  But as I say, that's working off recollection.)

Tim

prl

I'm not sure whether I'm getting the same problem as tjcurnow, but the timer for The Paradise (ABC1 19:30, Sat 30 Nov)  is not being sent to my DP-Lite, but I don't know whether it was ever showing the filled Scheduled icon. The icon is still the unfilled "Queued Series"; there's no error triangle. I've forced an EPG/Timer update from the Beyonwiz, and there are no error messages in the Beyonwiz IceTV status box during the update.

I don't think I've ever seen this problem before.

ACT Guide, Beyonwiz DP-Lite, 01.07.350 firmware.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

In the end, I just set the timer manually on the Beyonwiz. Still not quite "Never miss your favourite show again."
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

eafywan

I have found that since I forced a full resync of the timers and upgrading to the latest firmware 01.07.351 (released July 2012) that I haven't had this issue any more. I have found now that a program will just stop playing intermittently but if you play it again it will resume from where it stopped. Other than that, the ICE guide and recording is working perfectly so far. I now also have all the components to repair the PSU so will be attempting that tonight.