Problem synching from Icetv to Beyonwiz

Started by Colin, February 07, 2014, 11:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

If I record something using my Beyonwiz, it synchs to Ice tv OK. If I add a new recording to Icetv, it synchs to my Beyonwiz OK. So far so good. But existing recordings in Icetv won't synch to my Beyonwiz - they show a doughnut and say This show is waiting to be sent to device Beyonwiz. This show is part of a series recording. To get the existing recordings to work, I need to delete the series from Icetv, then set up a new series recording. Sometimes this gives me a greyed out series, even though there's nothing to prevent it recording. In this case I delete the series again, then recreate it, which works.

I figure that if I delete every series recording from Icetv and recreate it (possibly getting the greyed out thing and deleting that too) it will all be OK in the end, but I've got hundreds of recordings set up and this will take forever. Is there an easier way??

My setup: I have 2 Beyonwiz PVRs. One is functioning normally, the other has the above problem. I managed to create multiple entries in Icetv for the problem PVR, and deleted the duplicates after the problem started. Ice tv seems to be a little confused as to which recordings should be on which PVR. I added some recordings to the problem PVR via Icetv, but they showed up on the other PVR in Icetv.

I've tried deleting the timer lists and resending all recordings to both PVRs but this doesn't seem to have helped.

Any ideas on what I can try next??

Thnaks
Colin >:(

grampus

Quote from: Colin on February 07, 2014, 11:07:47 PM

My setup: I have 2 Beyonwiz PVRs. One is functioning normally, the other has the above problem. I managed to create multiple entries in Icetv for the problem PVR, and deleted the duplicates after the problem started. Ice tv seems to be a little confused as to which recordings should be on which PVR. I added some recordings to the problem PVR via Icetv, but they showed up on the other PVR in Icetv.

I've tried deleting the timer lists and resending all recordings to both PVRs but this doesn't seem to have helped.

Any ideas on what I can try next??

Thnaks
Colin >:(
One part of this sounds like something that has been around for quite a while.

The fix is to recreate your list of devices in your IceTv account.
Start with a dummy as the first device (device 0)
Then your next 2 devices will be the real BW's (devices 1 & 2)

The problem appears to be caused by the BW's oocasionally requesting an update for device 0, when it should be device 1.

This was noted some years ago, but never resolved.  A fair bit of "its not me its your problem" between Ice and BW.

This is from my post in 2007 in the BW forum.

I may have a way of getting around the "timers sent to the wrong box" problem..

Going on the statement that the BW is sending up a request for device ID = 0 instead of ID = 1.
I now have a dummy device as the first one in the list.
No timers will be setup here.
The idea is that if the BW is erroneously requesting for device 0, nothing gets sent, and then on another request later when it calls for any updates for the correct box, then all should be well.

I deleted both devices in the Ice Web server. deleted all timers in both my BW's.
Then I added a new device I called Dummy for obvious reasons as my first one in the list. This one I will never use.
Then added my 2 real boxes.

On the BW's I then reselected the devices in the Ice TV section.
These are now individually ID = 1, and ID = 2.
Then recreated my timers.

I did a resend all devices for all timers, and waited patiently till they turned up in the BW's.

I am assuming that it will take some weeks to get an indication that this get around may be an answer.

I still see a red doughnut in the Ice Server for a timer that this been set correctly in the correct box, so I am assuming that this is a separate problem.

I've discussed this today with both Ice and BW.
Ice support don't see the get around as causing any problems.
BW still have a need to trace this, to verify that this is the problem.

Hope it helps, and I havent started WWIII again.

BeyonWiz, T3

kiwi

I have two DP-P2s they have worked well for nearly two years.  In the last few days two things have happened.

1. Some fool drove a really high truck down the road and disconnected my phone and internet for a few days (probably irrelevant and fixed now).

2. I have seen some recordings get recorded on either the wrong wiz or on both wiz.

I have not setup a dummy wiz like suggested above.  If my problem continues then I guess I will try that.

Just wondering has something changed at IceTV to cause this wrong wiz problem to reappear .

Dave at IceTV

Beyonwizes stealing the timers for 'device 0' usually happens after a large change - like reconnecting to IceTV after a period of no Internet access, or resetting the Beyonwiz, or clearing the timers and EPG when DST starts or ends, or changing the Beyonwiz(s) IP address(es).

Once things settle down you may not see it happen again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service