Blacklist "error" failing to record

Started by Wbdeejay, November 04, 2013, 11:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wbdeejay

I'm using icetv on a beyonwiz dp1-lite. Scheduling via iPhone icetv app. Adelaide SA region. The icetv EPG seems to have tonight's show listed as "Blacklist", but checking my other beyonwiz (which is not networked so using the FTA EPG) lists the program as Jame's Spader's the blacklist.
I think my icetv beyonwiz did the same thing last week as well, that is failed to schedule the show and displayed a yellow triangle error message in the icetv app.
Would someone else check if there is a discrepancy in the show title between icetv and FTA EPG? If not, what may be causing this issue for me? It had been recording episodes ok before last week.
Cheers.
Beyonwiz DP-Lite (2 units). I use my TV as a "dumb" display only and watch all tv, live or recorded through the beyonwiz.

prl

Did you check whether there was a timer actually set for Blacklist, and whether its times exactly matched what the IceTV EPG and Web page say the times are? Sometimes when IceTV makes a small later adjustment to the time or duration of a program where the original timer has already been sent, the update fails with the yellow triangle, but the original timer remains on the Beyonwiz.

This seems to be a bug specific to Beyonwiz.

For a recent example that I've had, see this post.

It probably doesn't have anything to do with the content of the FTA EPG.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Hi Wbdeejay,

Did Blacklist record?

We won't know until Thursday if next Monday's is going to come up with an error.

Check if the Beyonwiz has any old timers stuck at the top of it's timer list. If so, delete them as they can prevent new timers being scheduled.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Wbdeejay

Blacklist didn't record and wasn't showing on the EPG as red 'to be recorded' so I managed to catch it manually.
I will check the timer list for old stuck timers. May do a clear all and resend timers as well if there are none visible.
Beyonwiz DP-Lite (2 units). I use my TV as a "dumb" display only and watch all tv, live or recorded through the beyonwiz.

Wbdeejay

I followed the above procedures (checked for stuck timers, did a clear all timers on the beyonwiz and resend timers from icetv), and as far as I can tell, Blacklist failed to record the last episode aired 11 Nov.

I had to make sure that the channel icetv chooses to record from (apparently channel 07 rather than 71) was visible through my favourite channels list (which I use to filter out the home shopping channels and any duplicate), as I realised this was a problem with another show not showing in the guide as recording but actually showing up in the fileplayer.

I guess we are now waiting for whatever other scheduling to be over before the next episode airs.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Peter (Wbdeejay),

Even if IceTV set the timer for Blacklist on a channel that is not in your favourites it still should have recorded. But you wouldn't have seen it listed as red in the guide (unless you switch back to "All Services").

Apart from Seven on 7, 70 and 71, other channels with duplicates are: One on 1 and 12, ABC1 on 2 and 21, and SBS-One on 3 and 33. You can set IceTV to use a specific channel number (LCN) here:
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi?op=showIceguide
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Paul55