No iView?

Started by tjcurnow, November 02, 2013, 06:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjcurnow

Sometime between last weekend and Thursday night, iView stopped working on my Humax HDR-7500T.  I get through to iView OK via the TV Portal, the main screen seems to be relatively up-to-date (e.g. first item at the moment is Serangoon Road, with 6 episodes).  But if I click on any show, the little black box comes up at the bottom with the revolving blue pyramid and Loading ... and then nothing happens and it goes away.  Interestingly, going to the A-Z menu and it's subscreens (e.g. A-D), the programs aren't in alphabetical order like usual - I've no idea whether that's connected or not.  I tried Thurs night, Fri night and today, with nothing happening any time. SBS catch-up works fine.

Machine was on .07 (?), but since I figured a factory reset couldn't hurt just in case, I updated to .09 on the way (with a factory reset afterwards) - exactly the same result (or lack of) for the two sets of firmware.

Anyone else got iView at the moment?

Tim

Dave at IceTV

Hi Tim,

A number of people have reported that iView has stopped working on their Humax. Everything seems normal until you click on a program and then nothing happens. It seems like iView may have changed something at their end which has broken the Humax TV portal.

I would suggest contacting Humax to make sure that they are aware of the problem and working on fixing it.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

tjcurnow

Hi Dave,

OK, thanks for the quick response, as always (don't you guys ever sleep?).  I've sent a message to Humax, so now I guess it's a case of waiting to see what they do.  I assume the more people who tell them about it, the more likely a fix, so ...

brsmith

Hi Dave,

Any news from Humax as yet?

Regards
Brendan

mike_a

When using the portal to access Iview I get an under maintenance message up on the screen

JohnOfFloreat

G'day
I also have this problem, except I do not get as far as others.  I cannot get to the iView main page.  SBS On Demand works fine.  (this also establishes that my internet connection and the Humax's network connection is working fine)  iView works fine from my computer
How can this problem be fixed?
Thanks John

dcoggins

ABC posted on Facebook that they were have "problems with iView on certain devices" and were working on it.

Dunno how long that will take with creaky old Aunty though.

tjcurnow

I've had two messages from Humax about it in response to my original email - one that they've noticed the problem; and then one saying that they've talked with ABC iView about it, it's because iView changed something, and that they're trying "their best to resolve the issue with ABC".  That makes it sound like a change with iView caused the problem, but the guy from Humax did seem to be acting as though they were going to actively do things rather than just wait to see if the ABC fixed it all up.  But given the comment from dcoggins above, the ABC seems to think they have something to fix, I'd guess Humax will just wait for iView to settle down before they do anything else.

Dave at IceTV

Hi guys,

It is an ABC iView issue, and not a Humax issue. ABC are aware of it and are working on solving the issue.
https://twitter.com/abciview
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

dcoggins

Latest Facebook post from ABC iView:

Thanks for your posts. We believe that the issue with iview on Sony Bravia connected televisions has now been resolved and the app is once again working as expected. We recommend that you please restart the device and try the app again.
However, we are still currently working on a resolution for other consoles and connected TVs and will keep you updated as to our progress. We do apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Cheers - The iview team. Thanks.

tjcurnow

I haven't heard anything from Humax, and the ABC twitter feed doesn't mention it, but when I tried to play a program via iView on the Humax last night it worked fine.  The alphabetical ordering is still completely shot, so it's not easy to find the program you're after, but once you find it, it seems to work (at least the three programs I tried).  I guess when they fixed the problem for the Xbox or the Sony Bravia it had the side-effect of making the Humax able to play files again.

martyyyy

IView is not working. I have just got this problem on my Humax HD 7510T. Click on iView and when it loads nothing happens. It was working last week!! Are the ABC aware of this now ??

swamprat96

Working fine on a 7500 on previous firmware

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: martyyyy on June 20, 2014, 05:53:45 PM
IView is not working. I have just got this problem on my Humax HD 7510T. Click on iView and when it loads nothing happens. It was working last week!! Are the ABC aware of this now ??
iView is completely broken on the HDR-7500T as well (with the 1.08.21 software and the new 1.08.22 software). It seems like either iView have changed something or Humax have changed their TV Portal. Though I'm not sure why it still works with the old software.

Other customers reported during the week that some iView shows play okay while others don't. Don't know which model or software version they had.

The main Humax website is currently offline. I'm just getting a database error when trying to go to both of the following URLs (to check for new software)
www.humaxdigital.com/au/
www.humaxdigital.com/

But the TV Portal website that the PVR accesses is still online. From a computer you get to see the familiar Loading message followed by a "Humax STB Only!" message.
www.humaxtvportal.com/Home/TVApps

Quote from: swamprat96 on June 20, 2014, 07:01:17 PM
Working fine on a 7500 on previous firmware
How did you eventually get the Humax to stop automatically updating to the newest software?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

[sup How did you eventually get the Humax to stop automatically updating to the newest software/sup]

Went back to an early firmware set it off then upgraded to the previous version to current