TASK_MSG_TIMER_CONFLICT

Started by pennyc, October 02, 2013, 03:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennyc

I just signed up today with Ice Tv

I set some recordings up on the ipad app but I have received several emails with just about every recording failing for the above reason.

What causes this I have no idea how to resolve it?

Dave at IceTV

Hi Penny,

Looking at your account I can see that all recordings from 5:30pm Friday onwards are OK, and all of the errors are in the first 3 days.

It could have been a case of the schedules getting to the Topfield before it had loaded the guide data. Which could explain why all the other series have been scheduled okay.

Or you may have manually set reservations on the Topfield for those shows that have an error. Manually set reservations can cause conflicts for IceTV series reservations.

There should not be any recording reservations setup for 'every day', 'every weekend', weekly or 'every weekday'. They should all be One Time (OT). In the reservation list, next to the R for record they should all show OT. None of them should show ED, WE, WL or WD. Edit any reservations with ED, WE, WL or WD to OT (One Time) and then IceTV will set recordings for the future episodes without error.

You can see the reservation list by pressing the white button while in the guide.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

pennyc

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

They do all have OT next to the R

Before installing Ice TV I had set some programs to record on the Topfield.

Could you advise what I need to do so there is no conflict.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Penny,

The errors occurred because IceTV was trying to set reservations that were already set on the Topfield.

As they are all OT reservations you do not need to do anything. You can ignore the errors (which should have stopped by now), and the existing reservations will record okay.

Then as long as you set most (or all) recordings via IceTV you should not have any further problems.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

pennyc