Topfield Devise missing on fetch

Started by katzap, July 22, 2011, 09:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katzap

Hi
Does anyone know what is happening to my Topfield 2400
I log onto Icetv and it is listed as a devise but it is missing from the Fetch data and has not fetched for 4 days
dont know hop to make IceTv fetch it

How do I fix it???
K

tonymy01

The Topfield just needs to be switched on for more than 30 mins for it to fetch from ice. Of course all the Topfield IP, gateway, and dns need to be set correctly to work properly on your LAN.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

katzap

I'm having this same problem again
The topfield is on most days anyway for it to fetch......

Does anyone know ????

Dave at IceTV

I see that you got it working again, but it looks like your 2400 was not communicating with IceTV for maybe a week before.

If you are using older firmware on a 2400 or 2460 you should not leave the Topfield turned on 24/7. Turn it off to standby when not actually using it (it will wake itself up to record), or just reboot it once or twice a week.

With all firmware versions the 2400 and 2460 will disable IceTV if they lose the network connection.

If your 2400 is using wireless then it could be that the wireless dongle is failing. Have a look at our wireless troubleshooting tips here. They were written for the Humax PVRs but most tips apply equally to the Topfield PVRs.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service