Missing info

Started by Gary, September 01, 2006, 09:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldcoastguy

I agree.

Maybe something like:

Time: 0000-2359
Title: ABC2 Guide temporarily unavailable
Synopsis: Due to technical issues....... blah, blah, blah.

Evan :->

brianh

Now to really stretch the theory - this would depend on how other STB's store & display their data, but here goes - given that messages relating to a channel can be shown in that channel's info, can that concept be extended to provide a way of flagging important notiices/announcements to end users right where they're watching?  What if it were possible to assign a dummy "channel" which could be used to send & display announcements?    It would be easy enough to transmit, it's just a question of how it could be viewed by the user...

I am guessing that for the Topfield, it might not be workable with the standard EPG unless it could be built into the IceLoader or EPG_Uploader TAPS -  but with something like JustEPG, it could be set up to view the dummy "channel" on page 2...

Just a wild, random and probably impractical thought....

Cheers,
Brian H

vincent

I would happy subscribe to an email for the region I D/L ie Perth Metro and get information from Ice direct about any small problems.  But would also support the input of bogus information advising of technical problems.  Like quite a few when it is total blank we all come looking for answers to the same question - why and when will it be fixed.

goldcoastguy

Quote from: brianh on September 11, 2006, 01:10:39 PM

I am guessing that for the Topfield, it might not be workable with the standard EPG unless it could be built into the IceLoader or EPG_Uploader TAPS -  but with something like JustEPG, it could be set up to view the dummy "channel" on page 2...

Just a wild, random and probably impractical thought....

Cheers,
Brian H

It could work.

Map one of the unused channels (e.g. 7,9 or 10's VPG channel) to an info Ice EPG.

Evan :->