Main Menu

Missing info

Started by Gary, September 01, 2006, 09:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Hope this is the right spot for this.

Just recently started using IceTV and if I understand correctly you get ABC and ABC2 data from the ABC.

Either way, I noticed today's repeat episode of Spicks and Specks had no repeat flag and more importantly, I am not getting any ABC2 listings after Wednesday (so all the other channels for Thursday)

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Mitch IceGuide

thanks for the feedback ...... ABC2 should be up to nx Sunday (10th) now and hopefully fill up a whole lot more soon. As for the repeat flag? Am baffled how that happened.

Gary

Thanks for the response but I just regrabbed the data and no change - still only to Wednesday.

Gary

Just to let you know ABC2 data is there now for the whole week.

Thanks.

blip

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on September 04, 2006, 03:17:45 PM
thanks for the feedback ...... ABC2 should be up to nx Sunday (10th) now and hopefully fill up a whole lot more soon.
There isn't any ABC2 data for after Sunday yet so it seems there is still a problem.

Gary

Quote from: blip on September 06, 2006, 05:29:12 PM
Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on September 04, 2006, 03:17:45 PM
thanks for the feedback ...... ABC2 should be up to nx Sunday (10th) now and hopefully fill up a whole lot more soon.
There isn't any ABC2 data for after Sunday yet so it seems there is still a problem.
What a difference 2 days makes! Same here in Melbourne.

Warrick

At the moment I dont have any data for ABC2 seven nine or ten for wed 13th

Where has it gone ??

Warrick

Mitch IceGuide

I note you were looking for Wed 13th at approx 9am. We aim for 7 days of Guide by 1pm .... that's the recomended time to update. By 1pm you would have had the Wednesday ..... completing the 7 days.

Gary

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on September 08, 2006, 10:39:24 AM
I note you were looking for Wed 13th at approx 9am. We aim for 7 days of Guide by 1pm .... that's the recomended time to update. By 1pm you would have had the Wednesday ..... completing the 7 days.
That doesn't deal with the ABC2 issue of missing data which only runs to Sunday.

Mitch IceGuide

Nope it didn't. But it DID deal with 7, 9 & 10 for that question. ABC2 won't be updated for awhile ...... bear with us please. I'm sure you don't want a long winded explanation as to why ..... it is beyond our control right now.

Gary

Quote from: Mitch IceGuide on September 08, 2006, 10:58:30 AM
Nope it didn't. But it DID deal with 7, 9 & 10 for that question. ABC2 won't be updated for awhile ...... bear with us please. I'm sure you don't want a long winded explanation as to why ..... it is beyond our control right now.
Thanks for the update.

BenB

So when will we see ABC2?

We use JustEPG straight from the ICE files and we record a fair bit from ABC2, which is now going to fail after Sunday night.

tick007

ABC2 won't be updated for awhile ...... bear with us please. I'm sure you don't want a long winded explanation as to why ..... it is beyond our control right now.

I'm sure you assume incorrectly.  This is an interruption to service and I, for one, am annoyed I had to search on the forums to find out about it.  And to compound matters, there is no official announcement or explanation of the outage other than your reference above, which completely dismisses the problem.

Mitch, I'm not personally having a go at you here.   But ICE should be way more proactive with things like this... it's what people pay for.  At the very least, a forum announcement should be posted detailing what the problem is and any ETA for resolution.

As you said, it's beyond your control and most people will be forgiving of that.  Ironically, even if it was a monumental screw-up on behalf of ICE, most people would forgive that as well (the first time).  But to not even voluntarily acknowledge the problem... that is unforgivable and is what will lose ICE subscribers.

Please post an announcement as to why we don't have ABC2 data, and when you are hoping to restore the full service we have all paid for.

Jammer

Quote from: tick007 on September 10, 2006, 09:13:05 AM
ABC2 won't be updated for awhile ...... bear with us please. I'm sure you don't want a long winded explanation as to why ..... it is beyond our control right now.

I'm sure you assume incorrectly.  This is an interruption to service and I, for one, am annoyed I had to search on the forums to find out about it.  And to compound matters, there is no official announcement or explanation of the outage other than your reference above, which completely dismisses the problem.

Mitch, I'm not personally having a go at you here.   But ICE should be way more proactive with things like this... it's what people pay for.  At the very least, a forum announcement should be posted detailing what the problem is and any ETA for resolution.

As you said, it's beyond your control and most people will be forgiving of that.  Ironically, even if it was a monumental screw-up on behalf of ICE, most people would forgive that as well (the first time).  But to not even voluntarily acknowledge the problem... that is unforgivable and is what will lose ICE subscribers.

Please post an announcement as to why we don't have ABC2 data, and when you are hoping to restore the full service we have all paid for.

I quite agree with this.  I also had to search the forum for news on what's happening with ABC2.  A short announcement would be really, really helpful guys.

brianh

...just a thought...  is it possible - and/or acceptable to other users - to put the comment in place of  the missing data??  That way, no-one needs to log onto the forum, the information is right there where we woud be looking for it anyway...

I would be happy with that, but what do others think?

Cheers,
Brian H