Remove IceTV?

Started by bundy23, September 16, 2013, 05:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundy23

My subscription ran out today and I just can't justify spending $99 on another year so I was wondering if I need to do anything other than turn icetv off in the setting on my toppy.

I'm going to give auto scheduler TAP combined with the OTA guide a chance to see if it can get the job done.

IanL-S

Downloading of EPG data and timers is instigated by the Toppy (as is uploading of local timers). Therefore, for the 7100HDPVRt, 7100+, 2400 and 2460 all you need to do is to disable IceTV under settings. If you are using the XML feed you merely have to disable the data download in the TAP that downloads the data; in some case just delete the TAP (if it does nothing else).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: bundy23 on September 16, 2013, 05:26:02 PM
My subscription ran out today and I just can't justify spending $99 on another year...
You can get IceTV for $69 per year by enabling Auto Renew in your account - in My Account > Payment Details.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Or less, by judicious use of IceTV sales discounts. I've bought seven IceTV annual subscriptions, one for $99, five for $49 and one for $44. By staying paid up a couple of years ahead, I've always been able to top up at a good discount. I'm currently paid up until June 2015, and I'll probably be looking to top up at a sale price sometime in the next year.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanL-S

Same here; I'm up to date until July 28, 2015. In the early days I paid full price ($99) twice; since then I've had 4 x $49. I also got 12 months and 6 months when I purchased Toppys from IceTV, in addition to 3 x 90 free subscription that come with the Toppy. I started subscribing some time in 2006.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Archer_11

Haven't seen an Ice TV special in aaaages. Having said that, $70 doesn't seem like much to pay for something that makes FTA tolerable.

prl

According to posts in the Beyonwiz forum about IceTV specials, the last offer was in an email to subscribers in July 2013. Not really all that long ago.

If you didn't get the email, perhaps you should check your IceTV My Account>Account Details and check that "I want to receive emails: Relating to sales or other promotions (subscription discounts etc)." is ticked.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grahford

I emailed support to make sure I was still on the promotional email list as it had been some time since I'd seen a sale.

Got a reply back saying there won't be any sales in the foreseeable future as it devalues the product.

Bummer.

Vortical

I guess they feel everyone using it knows how valuable the service is to them.

While the discounts are nice I'd still happily auto recharge (currently at $69 for 12 months)