Firmware version 1.08.07

Started by carlprowse, July 29, 2013, 08:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlprowse

Firmware version 1.08.07 is available for download.

The Humax release notes advise as follows:

Version 1.08.07 provides following benefits
- Resolved Quickflix problem can not play contents of Quickflix App.
- Resolved IP-OTA Function Error can not update the new S/W automatically.

Has anyone updated?

Post Modified 7 August

We upgraded to 1.08.07 on Saturday 3 August.

We previously suffered from freezing on earlier 1.08 versions. Unfortunately, v1.08.07 does not fix this issue for us. It has frozen three times whilst navigating video folders in the media library. So, I have just downgraded to trusty old v1.07

Hopefully, this issue is limited to only a few users.

mike_a

I upgraded last night, no problems with the upgrade though it did pause for long times on the high 80%'s. But so far so good

Dave at IceTV

For anyone who has not done an update before, the long pause during the update is normal. The update counts up to 100% and then counts up from 0% to 100% a second time. Different software versions pause at different percentages, but generally the update pauses above 80% on each of the 2 processes. One of the pauses is around 2 minutes long.

NOTE: There are 2 different variations of the HDR-7500T which currently have different software version numbers. For the newer variation the 1.08.06 software is the latest version. The 1.08.07 software is only for the original variation.

The 1.08.07 software adds the same improvements to the original HDR-7500T as 1.08.06 does for the newer HDR-7500T

As long as your Humax has either 1.08.06 or 1.08.07 it has the latest version available for your model.

You can check which hardware variation you have as follows:

• Go to 'Menu > Settings > System > System Information'
  • Note the 'Software Version'
  • Note the 'Loader Version'

The new HDR-7500T is internally known as the HDR-7500T/V

• It has a Software Version starting with AUTFAA
  • It has a Loader Version starting with a7.8
  • The latest software for this model variation is currently 1.08.06

The original HDR-7500T is internally known as the HDR-7500T

• It has a Software Version starting with UHTFAA
  • It has a Loader Version starting with a7.5
  • The latest software for this model variation is currently 1.08.07
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

tldaley

Hi Dave,

I just read the above reply by you and have a silly question....

I have both versions of the HDR-7500T and would like to know the differences between them, is there anywhere I can find this info. I have looked at the Humax site but couldn't find any info.

Many thanks,
Trevor Daley.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Trevor,

From a user's point of view they are exactly the same machine. Same remote, same case, same menus, same features, same specifications, same performance, same behaviour.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service