New IceTV branded PVR

Started by Mantorok, July 17, 2013, 01:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoDementia

Hmm, not sure the specs page answered any of my questions
.MP4 MPEG4? maybe which is fine...

If it's hard/impossible to get it off the PVR across to my NAS

PS specs are similar to Altech Uec - 1TB High Definition PVR Triple Tuner, Black PVR9600T
For ~$250 minus the ad skip, which I don't see as mandatory

Quote from: MoDementia on May 05, 2015, 08:21:12 AM
Hi,

Answers to any or all of the following questions would be a big help.
What format/container do the recordings get written as?
What will the filename be?
How much of the Guide metadata is included in the file.
Is the hard drive sharable?
If I purchase 2 Skippas will Smart recording treat them as 1 and assign recordings to the main one first and then the other if conflicted?

These all have to do with
1 increasing the tuner count, I'm not convinced 3 will be enough as I have 4 now and still have conflicts on some days.
2 automating conversion (hopefully not required),  metadata lookup and renaming the file for Plex recognition and finally moving to my NAS

Movie Title (Year)
Series Name - s01e01 - Episode Name
Beyonwiz T4 ->, My Rename Code ->, VideoRedo AutoProcessor ->, Synology 1815+ ->, Plex + MediaMonkey

snuke

Pictures of the GUI would be nice.

Mantorok

Quote from: snuke on May 25, 2015, 12:39:43 PM

And an image of the back too please.

IanL-S

Quote from: MoDementia on May 25, 2015, 12:27:55 PM
PS specs are similar to Altech Uec - 1TB High Definition PVR Triple Tuner, Black PVR9600T

The PVR9600T apparently uses a Broadcom 7231 chip: CPU power: +3000 DMips; Flash Memory: 256MByte NAND; RAM: 1 GB DDR 3

The Skippa uses Broadcom 7241; CPU power: +3000 DMips; Flash Memory: 256MByte; RAM: 1 GB DDR 3

Not sure what the differences are between the two processors.

Update: the 7241 apparently has integrated wifi, but the 7231 does not.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

EdQld

IceTV Reps,

Could you post the User Manual online, so us early adopters can start to get familiar with the Skippa before delivery?

Leon K

Hi EdQld,

Yes we will make the Skippa manual available in due course - much nearer to the arrival date of the first Skippa's to those lucky customers that have pre-ordered them.

Mantorok

Now that the Skippa has officially been launched should it be given its own IceForum under the "IceTV Guide for IceTV enabled PVRs" section?

This topic is getting a little long making it hard to find which questions have been answered.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Mantorok on May 25, 2015, 03:50:46 PM
Now that the Skippa has officially been launched should it be given its own IceForum under the "IceTV Guide for IceTV enabled PVRs" section?

This topic is getting a little long making it hard to find which questions have been answered.
Done.

Skippa's own subscription-forum can be found in the PVRs section, or here:
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/skippa/44/
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Leon K

nis200sx

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on May 25, 2015, 04:40:04 PM
Quote from: Mantorok on May 25, 2015, 03:50:46 PM

Done.

Skippa's own sub-forum can be found in the PVRs section, or here:
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/skippa/44/
Dave

csutak40

Quote from: Mantorok on May 25, 2015, 12:42:03 PM
Quote from: snuke on May 25, 2015, 12:39:43 PM

And an image of the back too please.

Looks like no USB connection in the front, which will be a pain AFAIC
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

Quote from: Leon Kowalski on May 25, 2015, 03:39:53 PM
Hi EdQld,

Yes we will make the Skippa manual available in due course - much nearer to the arrival date of the first Skippa's to those lucky customers that have pre-ordered them.

Well, AFAIC the published specs raised more questions then it answered, so I, for one, would want to see the manual before I'd think about ordering
Cheers,
Judy

IanL-S

Quote from: csutak40 on May 25, 2015, 11:07:40 PMLooks like no USB connection in the front, which will be a pain AFAIC

I also dislike there only being rear USB ports on PVRs. On my TRF-7160/7260 and TF-T6211 I have a shirt USB cable that is always attached to the rear USB port.

Does not look promising; they may be one behind a 'door' on the front as is the case with the TRF-2400/2460/2470 and TF-T600.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

csutak40

Quote from: IanL-S on May 26, 2015, 08:52:39 AM

Does not look promising; they may be one behind a 'door' on the front as is the case with the TRF-2400/2460/2470 and TF-T600.

Ian

I don't think so - the specs say:

Front Panel
7 segment display
RCU response LED
Interaction buttons
Cheers,
Judy

IanL-S

Yes I noticed that later. Looks over utility prevails?

Ian
Synology NAS