New IceTV branded PVR

Started by Mantorok, July 17, 2013, 01:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rat

3 Days from pre-order these are my feelings.....

We enjoy using the Ice service, but our tired and very old Beyonwiz needs replacing, I have been tempted by an ICE badged box because I like the ICETV service, I think that's why everyone is here? (If anyone is still here) We have suffered on with the old box for delay after delay.......official posts....then nothing....again and again.

Now it's almost here and we know very little about it...........the T3 has been very well received and they are supporting their product with instant comments on both FaceBook and their forums, helping with tech advice and warranty support etc etc etc.

ICE in comparison seem to think customer feedback is an unnecessary chore........now if the BOX works well and the firmware has no bugs to work through (without public beta) then all will be good. But what happens in the likely event things will need to be tweaked? they have said that updates will be easy to download, but who will be listening to the problems? and how long for answers? If I can't get it working I don't want to wait two weeks for an official post.

So it's take the risk to be a beta tester for $100 discount ......or wait and see what others think of it and how well it's supported. I wonder how long the discount window will be open? will we be able to question any of the revealed specs before buying?

I will make my decision after the specs announcement......I hope it's detailed enough to entice me to buy.....good luck everyone.

prl

Quote from: Rat on May 22, 2015, 12:07:29 AM... the T3 has been very well received and they are supporting their product with instant comments on both FaceBook and their forums,  ...

To be fair, the comments and assistance on the Beyonwiz T3 forum is almost all from users, not from Beyonwiz support. I'm not sure about their Facebook presence; I don't use FB, but I doubt it's much different.

The Skippa has no users (or at least none who may post about it), and so support from users is not yet possible.

Another difference is that almost all of the T3's source code is open source, and there are a few users who also directly contribute to fixing bugs and making improvements.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Rat

Do we know who the manufacturer of Skippa is and what other PVRs they make?

dooboy

Will Skippa be added to universal remote device lists - e.g Harmony?

Doo

Leon K

Hi Dooboy,

Yes the Skippa remote information will be submitted to the Harmony database.

With regards to the specs and pricing for the Skippa, I believe that info will be released tomorrow for the pre-order.. from the little I've seen of the Skippa - I can tell you that the local network streaming capability is awesome and lightning quick, Dave and I streamed some shows from the T3 in the office to one of the Skippa test models and it was practically instant. We also streamed to our phones and it worked great.

Thanks for your patience and excitement everyone, we are excited to see the full specs and pricing too!

csutak40

Quote from: Leon Kowalski on May 24, 2015, 01:27:24 PM

Thanks for your patience and excitement everyone, we are excited to see the full specs and pricing too!

Not that I had any intentions of rushing into buying one, I was looking forward to reading the specs - it is my luck that I have a dentist appointment at the just the wrong time!  Will  the specs be on the phone app as well?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Leon K

Yes they will be accessible via your mobile phone browser eg. Safari, just as any other web page..

snuke

Right, so I can now order it for $399.00 and $18 shipping, but still can't get any specs for it.
When will the site give us some actual factual spec info?

zoszos68

All I can see on the skippa page is the countdown timer at 0.00.
So how do I order one.

Kevin

csutak40

Quote from: zoszos68 on May 25, 2015, 12:04:28 PM
All I can see on the skippa page is the countdown timer at 0.00.
So how do I order one.

Kevin

I can also see all the info we had already been given - ad skipping, the number of tuners and the size of the HDD.  That is all.

Is that really all the info we will be given?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Mantorok

zoszos68

Now I have a blank page hmmmm.

Kevin

zoszos68

I ordered one. Now to find out how long till they are delivered.

Kevin

EdQld

OK, I took a leap of faith (with some reservations I might add) and placed my pre-order for a Skippa 8)

Looks like the Delivery Date has already blown out to July  :(